Are there any Trading Educators that work?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by barkingcat99, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Redneck

Redneck

IMHO & FWIW Sir

The absolute best educator is the market - But it’s also very unforgiving

Set up a demo account, use it till you found a methodology that works consistently – (and YOUR rhythm)

Formalize what you're doing on the demo account - into a trading plan (NOTE: Be very detailed in evey aspect)

Set up a real account

Trade with small shares – following your trading plan to the letter – till your comfortable and consistent

Scale up slowly in size

Ask question here as you progress

Modify your trading plan as you identify hiccups, market changes

Wash
    Rinse
    Repeat

Good Luck

Redneck

#21     Feb 9, 2009
  2. Not if you're rolextrader, LMFAO.

#22     Feb 9, 2009
  3. So how's PukeTick's newest member and biggest shill doing today?

Wasn't great of Alex's partner to confirm you were on board?

Stop your trolling ways and following me around ET.

Stay on topic.

#23     Feb 9, 2009
  4. Geoff36

Geoff36

The cuddlepuppy speaks again ind efense of his master.

Hurry up so you can get some scraps from Alex's table. I hear the bell ringing now, don't forget he likes applesauce too Mandy.

ta ta for now

#24     Feb 9, 2009
  5. ta ta rolextrader. :D

#25     Feb 9, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

One thing I forgot to add (and it should go without saying but….)

Some hold that a demo account is of no value – and to THEM this is fact

I would submit

If you approach it as real…., The losers count, You can not/ will not deviate from your rules no matter what

Then you can take those skills developed and transfer them..

YES trading real money will add a new dimension but at least you won’t have to jack with the rest – and can focus working through the psychological aspect money creates

However

If in the stage of using the demo account you

Bend the rules
    Don’t treat it as a real account
    Circumvent any step just to get a win
    Deviate even the slightest from it’s not real, and that each loss counts

Approach it from any standpoint other than – professional, it’s real, it matters

Then pick up your marbles and go home – no need to go any further because you will - more than likely - not make it as a trader

The market does not suffer fools, or lazyness well

Not being an ass Sir – just keeping it real

#26     Feb 9, 2009
  7. GiantDog

GiantDog

Stay away from that Franz Shoar guy over at Bullseyebuttholetraders. He is one gigantic rip off. I spent an hour or two at one of his "live", (I think it was live) seminars or whatever it was and he was running his software that would bring up little colored lines and say "These are signals" and they had many, many different names. When a signal would come up he would put an arrow or whatever (using TradeStation) and say this was a signal. If the signal didn't work, he would take the arrow away and put in a NT which meant NO TRADE. And then he would say it was a NO TRADE because it wasn't in his ZONE. He is such a scamster it is unbelievable. His software is crap and he only wants $6995.00 or some such amount for it. What was funny is he kept saying "I know I have a bad reputation on the Internet" and then he would keep blither blathering on like a bum.

He had a 2nd chart with some lines on it. This is the chart that had his magic ZONES on it. I asked if these lines were S/R lines. He said, "No, they are just out in the middle of nowhere", sounding kind of mad that I had asked such a question. He also asks right off the bat if anyone has any experience trading the emini's to see who doesn't so he knows who the suckers are. I must of asked around 10 questions that had him freaking out. It was fun to space him out. He's ripped off a lot of people.

#27     Feb 9, 2009
  8. bbqbbq

bbqbbq

I'm not sure if the education this guy provides is the right type for you, but you said you didn't care what timeframe etc.. I have found this guy to be the most consistent of the ones that have free videos on youtube. His youtube name is snp500trader and he trades the ES only as far as I know

#28     Feb 9, 2009
  9. Geoff36

Geoff36

Nice try wrinkly old Mandy. Don't forget your applesauce for when you go fluff Alex's pillow tonight.

ta ta

#29     Feb 9, 2009
  10. MNNA

MNNA

Suggest book "Trading For A Living" by Alexander Elder BEFORE you "educate" yourself. Stick with a demo account, and save your money from the people trying to sell you something. In 23-years, I haven't found a legit one yet, but then, I stopped looking 20-years ago

:)

#30     Feb 9, 2009