Are there any stock/equities intraday traders left?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by smoss, Oct 26, 2007.

1. ronblack

ronblack

That's the name of the game!

Ron

#31     Oct 28, 2007
  2. You have everything 100% wrong...
    And your post makes no sense.

Liquidity in stocks is much better than 12 months ago...
    And most quants trading stocks are having a record year.

I'm sure Bright's top traders are having a record year.

#32     Oct 28, 2007
  3. Yes , guys the market is very difficult to trade now for those that have not adapted. Most of the traders that I know that started with me 12 years ago got cleaned out , given up or probably doing something else. This game requires adaption at all times. I have developed 5-6 different trading styles I will utilize at any given moment. No change in the market is or will be capable to put me out of business unless of course I put myself out by taking too much risk or just plain & old trader stupidity. There is no one to blame but yourself. If you desire to be helped, let me know and I will see what I can do.

#33     Oct 28, 2007
  4. zdreg

zdreg

these people are not professional. they show a lack of ability to adjust + enough dry powder to take advantage. these are basic requirements for success in any venture. (sounds like a bunch of nano neiderhoffers)

#34     Oct 28, 2007
  5. In regards to stock trading, recently I took a 3 minute and a 15 minute chart to see if I could find good "dual confirmation" trades with about 30 stocks. I found plenty of good signals to trade that could be used for intra-day position trades or initiating longer term entry points. I even used some shorter time frames to trade several financials and the SPY with solid results. I guess maybe the bid/ask scalping of the past has eroded away but who would want to sit and trade that way all day..not my cup of tea.

#35     Oct 28, 2007
  6. smoss

smoss

okay, so it seems you all "know people" who are making zillions in stocks, why no posts from them. What exactly is it that YOU are trading, and why is it not stocks if it's so easy now?

#36     Oct 28, 2007
  7. Yes, still here.

#37     Oct 28, 2007
  8. jd7419

jd7419

Smoss I have been tradind since 2000. I might have my best year ever depending on nov and dec. Most of the traders I know at schonfeld are doing well also. Well meaning they are having multiple months in excess of $30,000 in profits. These traders are making more than most average workers do and they are very excited about the current environment.

When there are multitudes of stocks with daily ranges of more than 5 points imo traders should be doing well. Is trading easy? Never. But it has been a hell lot harder during other times this decade. I remember the 2003-2004 time frame where barely any nasdaq stock was over 50 dollars and the intraday ranges on most stocks was tiny. Those were hard days.

#38     Oct 28, 2007
  9. Samc

Samc

I have to agree with this...been trading since late 99 and this is the first time since 2000 that you have so many stocks that are over 50, 75 and 100+ dollars that are tradeable. I for one hope it lasts a couple of more years at least.

:cool:

#39     Oct 28, 2007
  10. Yeah that's what I thought when I read this?

Trending stocks have been far better lately.

BIDU, AMZN, YHOO, CAL, hell, even housing hasn't been too bad.

#40     Oct 28, 2007