Are there any stock/equities intraday traders left?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by smoss, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Whoa !!! I started watching that video and just became mesmerized. That's some powerful music there. All hail Mr. Robot !!!

So you are saying the robots aka computerized trading systems have made the moves more erratic????? They've been around for years and years, so what changed?

#11     Oct 27, 2007
  2. Volatility is to be cherished..it is a needed element for very profitable trading.

#12     Oct 27, 2007
  3. Bots trading the stock market have changed the dynamics of price movement and bid/ask spread to a point. They have changed the frequency of order integration in the bid/ask zone, and position size interactions/ratio's of orders resting near to the bid/ask. Some would say the bots are "polluting" the bid/ask zone but I disagree, this is just another dynamic change the market will always make as new technological capabilities are introduced to our markets..cause and effect

#13     Oct 27, 2007
  4. #14     Oct 27, 2007
  5. Oh Man !!! I'd hate to be on the opposite side of that dude when he's in the market. He must be the supreme trader of our times !!! I'm closing my account today now that I see what I'm up against. Thanks.

#15     Oct 27, 2007
  6. word

#16     Oct 27, 2007
  7. lol totally, np. same here i wouldn't dare trade against that kid

#17     Oct 27, 2007
  8. #18     Oct 27, 2007
  9. Are you people kidding me? I work with TONS of very succesful intraday stock traders who thrive on volatility and the reg nms changes. One thing they don't do is sit around making excuses for why they can't make money trading stocks.

#19     Oct 27, 2007
  10. bdon

bdon

There were plenty of traders who busted out after the bull market ended in 2000. I watched plenty of people struggle with the end of bullets and the bear market in 03/04. And now automation has kicked more to the curb.

There is always change in the markets. Strategies only work until everyone is using them and then they get turned against you. You have to adapt and be versatile. Despite posts on this board to the contrary there is no one right way to trade. There is a time and place for several strategies. The key is to know when and WHEN NOT to employ them. If your a one trick pony you better go big because once that trick is gone your profitable days will be too!!!!

#20     Oct 27, 2007