Are there any solid shops willing to let experienced traders trade from home?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Trader444, May 12, 2010.

1. Trader444

Trader444

I worked for a large house hold futures trading firm in the past and I recently took the plunge to work for a prop shop in the area I live. I took the plunge so that my compensation would be tied more close to performance and to have the flexibilty of working for a prop firm. Unfortunately, the firm I was working for lost their funding and I lost my job.

Are there solid firms that allow experienced traders to trade from home? I am not interested in a salary or drawl, just a finding a solid firm.

2. bright trading comes to mind. not too familiar with prop firms. i was just offered a spot at title trading. posted a thread here on elite trader..still waiting to get some feedback on them. title may do remote. you can google them and check their website. good luck

3. ScottSam

ScottSam

There are some good Canadian firms out there who offer remote.

Don't want to toot their horns too much, so you can PM me if you want.

4. I 'think' you still need to attend their courses on-site before remote trading is allowed. Check with bright to confirm.

5. If you only want to trade futures, you need to check elsewhere. We focus on equities. We do, however, have about 70% remote traders these days. All are connected every minute of the day with their direct manager/mentor/team etc. anyway.

Don

6. pkotzee

pkotzee

Hi Don,

Do you accept traders from outside the US & Canada for remote trading?

Thanks

Peter

7. We have traders in many countries. Most are fine....U.K. no, Canada other than BC, no. PM me if you like.

Don