Are there any real ANVIL (Assent) developers in ET community ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ctarmor-et, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Looking for people that know the C++ API well to collaborate online ... Perhaps start a developer forum/thread.

2. tfjield

tfjield

I can't say that I know the API really well, but I am developing with it.

A forum would be very helpful, considering there is no documentation and the examples are practically barren of commenting!

3. No comments == job security :) ...

I wonder how we can start a 'Developer' forum in ET.

4. tfjield

tfjield

I'm surprised that Assent doesn't have a forum for developers. I have looked around, though, and I can't find anything. Every once in a while there are a few people on ET that mention that Assent has an API, or that they have worked with it, but nothing technical at all.

My biggest issue is that by following the examples you can figure out how to make the API work but it's hard to figure out why you need to do things as shown in the example, because the logic behind it is not spelled out.

Having input from a community of developers would definitely be helpful -- so many questions could easily be answered saving a lot of trial and error.

I have heard that they're working on a documentation package, and that should help a lot.

5. What od you think about starting a thread "ANVIL Tech Questions" ...

anyone can search the thread for keywords msgs, etc ...

6. tfjield

tfjield

Sounds good, but I would include "API" in the name, as well.

Hopefully the thread will draw more developers out of the woodwork... I probably have more questions than I have answers! :D