Are there any mentors out there?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by BrooksRimes, Jun 15, 2006.

1. 4re

4re

Seems kind of funny how no matter what we end up spending the next couple of years learning how to do it anyway. Might as well start out with that option.

People keep getting drawn in to this dream of trading and mking the big bucks in a couple of months. If you will start out slowly with a couple of stocks instead of the hard stuff. Everything you are doing with a stock chart you can do with futures or forex. But you will be able to limit your risk long enough to get a handle on the trading game. Options are a world of their own, you can start there if you want just be careful.

4re

#51     Jun 17, 2006
  2. fxpipx

fxpipx

----------------------------------------------------

Seems kind of funny how no matter what we end up spending the next couple of years learning how to do it anyway. Might as well start out with that option.

People keep getting drawn in to this dream of trading and mking the big bucks in a couple of months. If you will start out slowly with a couple of stocks instead of the hard stuff. Everything you are doing with a stock chart you can do with futures or forex. But you will be able to limit your risk long enough to get a handle on the trading game. Options are a world of their own, you can start there if you want just be careful.

4re
    ----------------------------------------------------

Thanks friends for the compliment. As far as my experience with fx trading goes, i have an opinion that it is more of asychological nature .If you are disciplined and can stck to some specific guide lines of your chart set up, you are on a path to success.
    That is what i have acquired during my journey in forex tradings
    The live charts does not provide the currency movements, but also they try to communicate with trader, it is the responsibility of trader to undersatnd the language of charts, amd indicators are the tools to undersatnd the language , the number of indicators depends on personal choice, for me the less is better.
    My charts are always communicating with me and give me better entry and exit points.

fxpipx

#52     Jun 17, 2006
  3. I don't watch any charts when I'm trading :)

#53     Jun 17, 2006
  4. fxpipx

fxpipx

last week i have accumulated 250+ pips from four trades on cable with the strategy i am using. It is giving me 200 to 350 pips /week .
    I have tried all the majors with the same strategy and i have coome to conclusion that cable is the most favoured pair because of its daily range is highets amongst all majors. So now i am trading cable most of the time.

fxpipx
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

#54     Jun 18, 2006
  5. fxpipx - I have been doing extensive backtesting for one of my fully mechanical trade systems on different currencies (which are new to me - just started trading the EC this past month). What does "cable" mean from your last post, and what currencies in your opinion have the most volatility during various world equities market "opens" - thanks! :)

btw, I sent $1.00 to the originator of this thread to lease this space for my questions - did you get it yet? :)

#55     Jun 18, 2006

6. Smart man! :cool:

#56     Jun 18, 2006
  7. Thanks , man. Transaction log and PnL tells the whole story.
    That's the beauty of balanced option position.
    :)

#57     Jun 18, 2006

8. I have done this in the past and used it as a mini vacation to take a break from the normal routine and do something different - but I will say that this was done with people that had happened to live in cool places. I charged a fee that was negotiated to cover my travel expenses and time spent with the person who was being coached in a "specific" method that I use.

If someone is going to coach they need to teach a method that will have an immediate and profitable impact for the person involved - and it better make money from day one while teaching or the whole operation is a waste of time for both.

My opinion is that one person CAN successfully teach another a very specific mechanical method, but one person CANNOT successfully teach another a vague signal or indicator based system. You can't teach someone how to handle their own discretion - that is something everyone can only learn for themselves. The "discretion factor" is the weak link for indicator or signal based trading methods and teaching them to others.

#58     Jun 18, 2006

9. That sounds very good - I am currently studying some of Nassim Taleb's methods for options trading as a side new venture.

#59     Jun 18, 2006
  10. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

#60     Jun 18, 2006