Are there any mentors out there?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by BrooksRimes, Jun 15, 2006.

1. I heard Sheridan speak about a year ago at the Denver Trading Group. I am a pretty good judge of character, he seemed sincere and realistic. I recall him saying that it was atleast a 1 year process. At that time, being totally green as a day trader, I thought damn that is too long. Now, if I was interested in option trading, I would welcome someone like him.

And no I not affiliated with Sheridan at all.

#41     Jun 16, 2006
  2. I don't think you are required to buy all of the optionvue stuff(call them to be sure). I'm talking about Dan Sheridan, he is a fantastic teacher. I'm not even sure what affiliation he has with optionvue, if any, to be honest.

Give him a call about options, i'll bet dollars to donuts he changes your mind about trading options. I never did the 1 on 1 thing, but enjoy his CBOE webcasts tremendously.

Good luck!

#42     Jun 16, 2006
  3. 4re

4re

Unfortunately, your going bust was probably one of the best education lessons you will get in this field. I am not trying to be demeaning or anything but most of us have done it also. Those that learn from that lesson will come back and hopefully be a lot more disciplened and last longer before going bust again. To be real honest with you if you are starting with 5K you are way underfunded and set up to bust. You can make it with 5K but it is very difficult to do.

I have taught several people how to trade and most were very educated. I learned from them that education is great when looking for a job but all your successes don't mean much in this field. This is the hardest way to earn easy money there is.

I have run an emini trading thread on here that I recently had to stop because I lack the time to daytrade like that right now. I will be going back to trading options next week and I can start a thread detailing my trades. Go back and look at my S/R emini journal and decide for yourself if I am the type of person you want to listen to and answer your questions. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

4re

#43     Jun 16, 2006
  4. 4re

4re

P.S.
    Don't buy any of these programs. I don't care what anybody says you can't learn to trade in 3 days. Period. Even if they are spoon feeding you the signals or should I say especially if they are spoon feeding you the signals.

Also don't get caught up in a lot of secondary indicators they are lagging indicators and it will bite you in the butt sooner or later.

I am not saying they are all worthless, just that it is easy to get carried away with all these pretty tools people use these days. Keep it simple, you know the saying.

Good Luck,
    4re

#44     Jun 16, 2006
  5. 4re,

Funny thing, but the most success I have had or my friends have had have been with using just S/R. Indicators do lag period, from my short time using them, 1 year.

I must have overlooked your thread, I will definitely take a look.

Combing S/R with a good MA such as a 12 on a 5 minute chart can make for very good trading IMO.

Good trading to all.

Dan

#45     Jun 16, 2006
  6. 4re

4re

Dan,
    I hope you enjoy the thread it got pretty big in a hurry. We had some really good people in there like JimmyJam, Lamont_C, Romik and others. It was geared more towards education than anything else. The cool thing was we never got any bad posteres in there.

Have a good weekend,
    4re

#46     Jun 16, 2006
  7. fxpipx

fxpipx

hi, BrooksRimes
    if i may suggest, all you need to be a successful trader is a sound moneymanagent and disciplined emotion free trading style as the first requirement.
    Next you need a stratgic trading plan with a accurate risk profile that is suitable for you.
    without this , even GOD can not help from disasters.
    I have done all the research work on my own in forex trading , and i know , any one will lose all his capital if he is not disciplined.
    Only a big name mentor will not guarantee success.!!!!!:cool:

email me if you wish at
    jhaverifx@gmail.com

#47     Jun 17, 2006
  8. fxpipx

fxpipx

send a mail giving full details of your requirements to
    jhaverifx@gmail.com:cool:

#48     Jun 17, 2006
  9. Lots of advice (some good) out there.

How about hearing from some of you who have coached.... what did you get in return?

#49     Jun 17, 2006
  10. Um, new guys got skills and knowledge, shoot em an email and see if you can work something out (or spend the next year or two learning how to do it)

Later,

Jimmy

#50     Jun 17, 2006