Are there any mentors out there?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by BrooksRimes, Jun 15, 2006.

1. What is wrong with you? 'We' like in my wife and myself.

No one said this would happen in a week. Does everybody here fly off the handle?

#31     Jun 16, 2006
  2. So, who here has made a million dollars plus from trading?

They would be a good mentor.

#32     Jun 16, 2006
  3. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

If they are from Tampa, they should join the free investment club & network with traders to get a good mentor:
    http://www.manhattanbaptist.org/mbc/ministries/investors_club.htm

The club is big. You can find better help than in ET.

#33     Jun 16, 2006
  4. LMeyers

LMeyers

#34     Jun 16, 2006
  5. horribilicus does have a point. What I can offer is limited, certainly not as valuable as teaching someone to make millions(?).

My resume reads: Twenty five plus years of experience in software development and training. Strengths in analyzing problems/situations, then designing and implementing effective solutions within deadlines. Exceptional skills creating rapport with end-users, students and other team members to achieve common goals. Heavy experience in Microsoft Access & Visual BASIC for Applications (VBA). Special expertise with financial applications.

Credentials: CTT+ Certified Professional, CompTIA, Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Corporation, Certificate in Data Processing (CDP), Institute for the Certificate of Computer Professionals,
    Degree in Data Processing.

So, what I could offer to do (any or all):
    - automate computer tasks that you are doing manually
    - create a database for any application you need
    - write a program to test a trading theory you have
    - teach you to develop in Microsoft Access (desktop database)

I've been very successful with long term investments and have written very useful programs based on modern portfolio theory, asset allocation and monte carlo simulations that I could make available to you.

My wife and I had successful software careers and retired at 50, bought a motorhome and now tour the USA. I've acquired a large knowledgebase of RV information and issues and can share that.

#35     Jun 16, 2006
  6. #36     Jun 16, 2006
  7. Jimmy,

Thanks for one of the more helpful posts.

Wow, 2 of those threads are over 100 pages.

The trading does not have to be in options. In fact, my wife would prefer futures, indexes, ETFs or currencies.

Brooks

#37     Jun 16, 2006
  8. Reading books does not a successful trader make. If you want to trade options for a living, give this guy a call. He mentors student on a 1 on 1 basis.

http://www.optionvue.com/Education_Sheridan.aspx

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated w/them in any way.

#38     Jun 16, 2006
  9. 1. This is almost all pre-recorded material.
    2. I've had unfavorable dealings with Optionvue. Not sure if things have changed but their products are overpriced (IMHO) and ala carte. One fee for the software, another for the background database, another for the scanner. A short period of support (30 days?) on their complicated products and then very high hourly rates ($100/hr?) for help.
    3. The wife doesn't want to trade options. Looking for something we can both do.

#39     Jun 16, 2006
  10. GO START YOUR OWN THREAD - this one is mine. :)

#40     Jun 16, 2006