Are there any mentors out there?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by BrooksRimes, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Trader?!

#21     Jun 16, 2006
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Page XV in Market Wizards (chapter My Own Story):

"Why - I ask myself - have I been able to multiply a sub-10.000$ account more than tenfold on 2 occasions....."

You might want to read the whole chapter about Jack's trading history...

#22     Jun 16, 2006
  3. Brooks
    I can show you how to trade.
    Infact I can show you the entire package from financial vehicle to broker, order entry, take profit exits, tax issues ... the entire ball of wax.
    It has only consumed every waking hour of my life for 9 years to throw this little package together.

Now this is what I can offer you.

All you have to do in return is give me a reason why I should do this for you.

#23     Jun 16, 2006
  4. ozzy

ozzy

Reveal myself? WTF are you talking about. How about having a sense of humour. Yes there are mentors out there, but good ones are hard to find.

Someone from this thread actually took time to help me out in the past. I don't think you'll find too many people who are like that, both knowledgeable and generous. I was lucky.

Good Luck.

#24     Jun 16, 2006
  5. The waiting line for my services is over 3 years right now. Many people seem to obviously want what you describe here above.

Don't expect to learn for a few $1,000 something that will earn you millions. It simply doesn't make sense.

#25     Jun 16, 2006
  6. IF you would find someone that complies with what you ask, it will be that person and not you who will impose the conditions on which you might maybe be helped.
    There are thousands of persons who would like to learn how to make money. And most of them will even accept a 50/50 deal on the profits.
    It is a matter of supply and demand. Demand is high and supply is almost zero. So supply will dictate the conditions.

#26     Jun 16, 2006
  7. Josh009

Josh009

wow. I had to read a lot of bs in this thread, just to get to the end...

Anyway, my question is this. There are some good traders that post here. There are probably some great ones, as well. Why would a great trader want to mentor a new trader? As was asked before, what is in it for the mentor? How does one know who/what makes a good mentor? I thought the mentor/protege relationship was long gone. probably indicative of the lack of loyalty in society today.

anyway, a good start to learning how to trade would be to learn risk management - i.e. read Livermore, and don't blow up. Then read Cramer, so you know how to toot your own horn - especially useful when posting on ET.

~ Good trading!

#27     Jun 16, 2006
  8. zdreg

zdreg

until a few years schwager managed his own hedge fund.

#28     Jun 16, 2006
  9. You sir, need to go back and read.

"But you propose to give the mentor nothing in return."

#29     Jun 16, 2006
  10. Had any offers yet? :confused:

#30     Jun 16, 2006