Are there any mentors out there?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by BrooksRimes, Jun 15, 2006.

1. I hear you Bit, and I agree that when it "clicks" it's a great feeling. But learning the trading concepts, theory and logic behind a good methodology definitely can't hurt none.

Best,

Jimmy

#11     Jun 16, 2006
  2. u dont need to click, infact u shudnt click for quite a while and theory, concepts, etc. are all up there, on the screen. books are full of recycled ideas that u wont even recall when u are there, ready to open your pos.

edit; if u meant click=trade, which i doubt now, ror.

#12     Jun 16, 2006
  3. It looks like you are serious about learning but you are starting from the wrong end. Learn how to trade indexes first, options last. You must learn about timing entries first and this is easier on indexes. Premium gets lower faster then underlying and if you do not know how to boomerang it, you will never make a dime in options.

#13     Jun 16, 2006
  4. "We" as in queen of England "we" ? The arrogance...Your post is an insult to all good traders here that invested years of hard work to build this kind of track record. Try DriveByTrading.com , I heard they are cheap.

#14     Jun 16, 2006
  5. zdreg

zdreg

you are a master at revealing youself.

i suggest you stand on the nearest street corner with your post.

the reaction should be quite revealing. o'master.

#15     Jun 16, 2006

6. Thats what happens when you put bad attitudes together, it spreads like crazy. A forum full of jealous losers.

#16     Jun 16, 2006
  7. zdreg

zdreg

as i suspected you are a refugee from a yahoo chat board.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1071037#post1071037

"ozzy

05-13-06 05:56 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

#17     Jun 16, 2006
  8. Are we all really losing our cool around here or have May and June really been that stressful? C'mon man, chill out.

I thought that 'reply' from ozzy was childish but hilarious, specially if you put it within the context of the two previous posts. Happy start of the morning.

Relax and enjoy the ride. Not every post has to have a deep meaning around here ... gee.

#18     Jun 16, 2006
  9. Hey Brooks, I think you might want to consider getting together with some friends of yours from Tampa Bay, forming an investment club and start throwing some ideas around.

You will be surprised of what comes out when few smart people get round a table and brainstorm. At least you'll find it more fun and productive.

Just a thought!

#19     Jun 16, 2006
  10. =============
    Even with the kind of mentor you are looking for;
    medical school is still a helpful comparison& a great teacher will not do away with the time & money required. of us.

Books , Brooksrhymes;
    at the top of this page is a great place to start and even if you could get one of the best, like a Jack Schwager top trader-teacher, plenty of time & some capital is still required.

:cool:

#20     Jun 16, 2006