Are there any Lady Traders on ET? How do you trade, what are your strategies?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MrsSavant, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs AMT4SWA knows where here place is and it is not here spending time at ET. She knows her proper place in the world is at the MALL.....Shopping!!!!! :D She knows that her job is to try to burn up cash daily faster then I make it....that is the inherent pre-programmed job of a traders wife....LOL! So far I am up on my wife about one to two ticks a day....but she is really trying to catch up to me with Christmas and all....the competition continues.... :)

#51     Dec 19, 2004
  2. hahahahaha.... hope you got a prenup

#52     Dec 19, 2004
  3. The latest issue of Fortune has an article about female traders in hedge fund which says there are very few

Hedge Funds: Where the Girls
    Aren't
    The results-driven hedge fund business should be a meritocracy, but it's still a boys' club. A report from the front lines of one of the toughest industries for women to crack
    http://www.fortune.com/fortune/women/articles/0,15114,1123537,00.html

Also I have heard this from someone very close to the publishers of Market Wizard book that after the first book they decided to consciously look for female traders to include in next one and that is why the next two books had a female trader each. They had considerable problem finding someone who could meet their criteria.

#53     Nov 13, 2005
  4. Come on, the answer is easy. why would any woman want to start a hedgefund? It's stressful work with an uncertain outcome and the only rewards are more money and the building of an empire. Typically men's goals.

#54     Nov 13, 2005
  5. bighog

bighog Guest

Well i for one think women will be coming into the game in ever increasing numbers.

I mean why not, a recent study said women in professional positions, aside from corporate executive areas (the glass ceiling is still there simply because men control the advancements) are in the majority. Such as Doctors, Lawyers, engineers, laboratory professions, physics etc.

Truth be known, i have wondered why more women are not trading as it is, women are thinkers, they analyze situations much more through, they are thought provoking and are not as ego centric as most men are. now do not jump my case and give examples of some scatterbrained bimbo, there are examples of that in both sexes.

Finally, women are pleasing to the eye, that makes the world go around. I mean, what would the world be like if men had no other reason to spend their money on.. Face it, men are forever admiring women....I know i surely do.....:) :D

#55     Nov 13, 2005
  6. Perhaps that explains the rise in the market's erratic behavior.
    :D

#56     Nov 13, 2005
  7. If true, I look forward to consistent cycles that can be counted on. :p

#57     Nov 13, 2005
  8. A word about women traders, executives, line workers..whatever. Bottom line, women should know there role, they are here to entertain men, that's all. Stay thin, dress nice and life will be grand...that's all.

P.S. I am into my umpteenth drink while I write this..don't hold it against me. :p :p :p :p :p :p

#58     Nov 13, 2005
  9. bighog

bighog Guest

Think of it this way....if a well dressed, dressed to kill, finely tuned and great shaped Lady of class was on the other side of your trade would you not step aside and let her get the best of you. Women control even the greatest of men.....:D

They say: Show me a great man and i will show you a super women....

men are afraid of their own shadow when it comes to intelligent ladies. Thats why the pre_nep was created....

Just having fun....:D

#59     Nov 13, 2005
  10. rcj

rcj

There was a woman trader ....mama .....sombody??? I read
    a few of her posts back in the summer maybe.

Think she was waitressing??? Also i think she may have started
    a journal. Traded stocks i think. Seemed like she had
    a pretty hard life.

maybe someone can tell us?

............ rj

#60     Nov 13, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.