Are there any Jim Rogers' fans here?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by jbtrader23, May 14, 2002.

1. But what would he have been without George Soros?

#11     Jan 8, 2005
  2. Jim could have been bearish and be in cash or better yet be long elsewhere in the world, or maybe he bought gold at $300 who knows. This simplistic daytrader mentality to challenge a mental giant like JR is rather funny here on ET. I remember Jim playing the bond market all during his bearish talk on CNBC.
    Every, even mediocre trader knows the hardship in shorting the manipulated and BS'd to death US market (even the SP, and NYFE).
    I would short ETF's and futures, never individual stocks, if I must only I take the half size of what my model signals.

#12     Jan 8, 2005
  3. landboy

landboy

I read a great article in a recent Fortune article about Rogers and the author really seemed to slant him favourably when it came to his teaming with Soros. They both worked their asses off and in the end it seemed as though it was Soros who just couldn't stand the constant pressure and workload of making it rich. Sure Soros will always stand up well by himself, but Rogers' work ethic and work developing his latest commodities fund is commendable nonetheless, irrespective of the fame factor

#13     Jan 8, 2005
  4. rogers is an awesome person---- not only a super nice guy, his fund is the best performing fund in the WORLD over the last several years.

hank :D

#14     Jan 8, 2005
  5. speaking ... but I could not download it
    maybe someone else can ...

www.nybot.com

-Famed investor, best-selling author and traveler Jim Rogers dropped by NYBOT on Wednesday, January 5 to offer his views on the commodities markets. Rogers met NYBOT members on the trading floor where he signed copies of his new book Hot Commodities. Afterwards, he gave a standing-room only presentation in the Boardroom to members, staff and guests, further explaining his observations on the bull market in commodities. -

“This commodity bull market has years to go, it’s just gotten started, and very few people know this,” said Rogers . “It’s simple economics: the bull market in stocks and bonds is over. Commodities work, and they are an acceptable investment class, and you can make some money. Commodities are where the action is.”

Rogers believes that bull markets follow bear markets, and that he first identified the current commodities bull market in 1998, one which he believes will last until some time between 2014 and 2022.

#15     Jan 17, 2005
  6. Wow, the thread is still going since '02.

Rogers must be on top of the world now. His commodity call in 1998 will go down in the history books as the stuff of legends. 98% of Wall Street was going after the New Economy stocks, 1% stayed out (Buffet) and the other 1% (Rogers) made a fortune.

He's been talking about his baby girl alot in recent interviews. She owns gold and swiss francs, no dollars!

#16     Feb 14, 2005
  7. "When you read contemporary accounts of booms or panics the one thing that strikes you most forcibly is how little either stock speculation or stock speculators to-day differ from yesterday. The game does not change and neither does human nature." Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator

#17     Feb 14, 2005
  8. If you are interested run a search on my name and Roger's. It should bring up some web links to an excellent TV documentary broadcast in the Netherlands available for download.

#18     Feb 14, 2005
  9. sammybea

sammybea

Recently met him in Manhattan randomly. Had a copy of his new book "Hot Commodities", and he signed it "Get it while its hot"... lol. From the short 2 mins i spend with him, he seems like he is very genuine and obviously confident in what he says.

#19     Feb 14, 2005
  10. Count me a huge Rogers fan.

#20     Feb 14, 2005