Are there any indicators of countries purchasing and selling commodities?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RGLD, Nov 26, 2016.

1. RGLD

RGLD

For example if China happens to lie in the news and say we don't need any Oil.

Some trader sees that they've been buying large oil for months. Are there any reports that show stuff like this?

2. Overnight

Overnight

How could a trader see if they are in fact buying huge amounts of oil...Is that the question? If so, I'd love to know where to get it, in real-time, as it happens.

X-Mas IS coming...Forget my two front teeth, gimme' those real-time reports/data!

3. wartrace

wartrace

If there were reports like that it would likely be too late for any retail trader to profit from it.

dealmaker likes this.
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

There are reports like that but as "wartrace" pointed out its not for retail or short term traders eg one such report is money in and out-flows...

5. COT?

6. java

java

7. RGLD

RGLD

Guys aren't you overthinking this? I am talking about just monthly reports spendings for a country. LIke something a macro fundamental trader can use.

I am not acting on any type of short term trading using this information. I want to get a general consensus of where the world is at, not look at a couple of charts.

What's China buying? What's their exports this year? How much of their inputs was oil? How much gold did did the BOE buy this year? etc.

Just want to get a general feel of what's going on by the numbers and not from a blogger.

They already have US oil figure reports out every Weds. I am sure there's at least one per month for China.

8. java

java

9. Overnight

Overnight

I don't think it's being overthink. If you want specifics, you gotta' pay. Here's a jump-off point. Get your dosh ready. https://www.ihs.com/products/piers.html

We export to point A, point A takes it to point B, spreads it about to point C, D, E, F, and then into hexadecimal numbers of places. Who knows? Good luck on your journey, have fun lading!

10. Overnight

Overnight

#10     Nov 26, 2016