Are there any honest, reliable prop firms out there?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bonds, Mar 6, 2006.

1. I would put it higher than 100 mil actually. All offices combined add more than 40 mil in liquidity to just INET on Nasdaq in one day. Then add ADFN, BRUT, ARCA, any Supermontage, and the other ECNs we have access to plus any orders removing liquidity. Then add all of the guys who trade NYSE and their volume. (Which I'm guessing would be much higher because I believe there are more traders who trade NYSE) I know it's not uncommon for a guy at our branch to trade between 1 and 2 million a day on NYSE.

So, I really have no idea how to estimate what the total might be. Needless to say, it's fairly massive.

#51     Mar 9, 2006
  2. and I suppose this is called trading ??? All you rebate MONKEYS that trade for filthy credits, and move millions of shares per day. Wow, great job and once the rebate game is over, then what ?? Swift trade has done a GREAT job of making all you people actually believe that you are traders and not simply monkeys pushing buttons and flipping for rebates. I have to commend Swift trade for this. I mean 16 cents a trade, wow !!! Lets move millions of share per day and churn our way to the top of the mountain. Honestly, their should be some kind of law prohibiting you guys from being called traders. Sub- penny game dead, rebates soon as well. Have a GREAT future trying to trade for REAL and then talk about how great life is....

WHAT A SICK PATHETIC JOKE !!!

#52     Mar 9, 2006
  3. Swift guys, is what he saying true?

#53     Mar 9, 2006

4. Hmmmmmmmmm !!!!

Your right there should be some law against this BUT maybe they are providing the rest of us with liquidity so we should shut up ????

#54     Mar 9, 2006
  5. lol...i thinks its cute when these guys who probably arent making a dime "trading" as they call it try to bring down swifties who are obviously making money or the company wouldnt be growing at the rate it is....and seeings how more than half of swift traders trade on the NYSE cant really be callin all of us rebate monkeys.......so....traderblue.....call me what you want...prohibit me from calling myself a trader.......as long as that check keeps comin in we can keep affording to put gas in our beemers and lexuses you can call us what ever the hell you want........but try to keep on track here...this thread is about honest and reliable firms and from what i read....swift is one of the very very very very very very very very very very few of those!

Now...im about to get into my sick pathetic joke of a bmw...drive to my sick pathetic joke of a job....and make a sick amount of money being a rebate monkey......might even eat a banana or two for good measure!!! :)

#55     Mar 9, 2006
  6. :D :D :D :D

Touche, the more of your posts I read the more I like you :D

#56     Mar 9, 2006
  7. bonds

bonds

you have 1 post to your name and this is what post? first of all it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, second of all who cares what they're doing as long as its legal and they're making money using it. if they're making good money on it why not milk it while its there?

hating on other types of traders wont make you a better one....

#57     Mar 9, 2006
  8. In 2001 probably. 2006? Hardly. I have a nasdaq entitlement only for the opening and closing crosses.

Things have changed, a guy in my branch said he made top in the company one day a few years ago with 1500 bucks, 2 days ago i did 4700 and didnt make the top 5 by several thousand dollars. Its just different now.

#58     Mar 9, 2006
  9. If you took the time to read through some of the forums you would see that the bashing of the rebates, and subsequent threat that they'll be gone any day now, has been going on for years. In fact, in regulation NMS, the SEC has deemed that rebates are necessary to the existence of ECNs and, therefore, will never get rid of them.

Wow. Rebate trading is pretty easy. You must be quite the retard if you can't make any money with it.

#59     Mar 9, 2006
  10. The only reason I ask is b/c I remember MNX saying that if he was on a 95% payout and .0025 commsion structure that he'd be losing money. I figured it out, that if I had .0025 compared to my current rate rate which is under .004 (not by much), I'd make an additional 50k a year net.

I do have 95% payout, and I think you guys have like 50-60% so I guess that makes the difference since you guys have a much lower rate than me.

#60     Mar 9, 2006