Are there any honest, reliable prop firms out there?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bonds, Mar 6, 2006.

1. yea, seriously. in situation like this i wish i was a canadian. :D

#21     Mar 7, 2006
  2. pbw

pbw

Is Swift only in Canada

#22     Mar 7, 2006
  3. yes,

Bright Brothers.....

hands down,

there are few others too....

#23     Mar 7, 2006
  4. Say's a lot about the "traders" at swift lol.

#24     Mar 7, 2006
  5. Almost free trading....but you "give up" half your profits!!!
    No way.

I can't imagine why profitable traders would give away half of their money. Just my .02.

#25     Mar 7, 2006
  6. There are many profitable traders that risk their own money in "prop" that would love the opportunity to have 0 risk on firm capital and give up some in way of payout for a chance to trade real size with no risk.

(possibly me for one)

#26     Mar 7, 2006
  7. 50% of your profits is not "giving up some", that's just ridiculous. :)

#27     Mar 7, 2006
  8. You're right. 50% is not "some". COming from someone with 95-99% payout.

Let me clairfy what I mean. The chance though to trade on an entirely different scale with 0 risk with a 50% split can be a very good deal. I don't know squat about swift, and I don't refer to them specifically, but to the idea we're discussing. Of course if you're not given the ability to trade on a mucho larger scale, than I'm totally with you.

What do you think?

#28     Mar 7, 2006
  9. OK, I understand your reasoning now.

I agree with you. Zero risk with a 50% split and MASSIVE buying power would be worth it. However, unless you have access to a MINIMUM of 10 million buying power, I would say that a successful professional trader would be better off on a commission scale with a 100% payout and solid amount of prop leverage (1-2 million plus).

#29     Mar 7, 2006
  10. www.benchmarqtrading.com

I've only been with them 2 months now but no complaints so far.

I have a question (since I so new to prop) is there any risk of these firms going belly up and if so what risk would you give a firm like benchmarq?

#30     Mar 7, 2006