Are there any good trading styles out there

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by traderme, May 6, 2003.

1. Brandonf, judging from the number of posts you have written you've been around a bit.

I wonder however whether you are trading the turtles method yourself ?

I once say about a 1 year's period of trades in a magazine.
    Unfortunately I don't have that article anymore.

From memory (even apart form the large amount of money which is required) the number of wins compared with the number of trades was very low with long periods of not getting anywhere in between the (few) winners.

I doubt that too many people would be able to stick to such a method.

freealways

#11     May 10, 2003
  2. #12     May 10, 2003
  3. My answer to your question ... Are there any good trading styles out there ... is no.

The good trading style for you is actually in there. I mean your trading style is inside of you. It's based on your philosophy, money, risk tolerance, and your comfort level. The most effective trading style for you is the one that comes from you. Your success will be determined largely by how well you tap in to yourself to figure out which trading style is best.

So don't search for any good trading styles out there, ..., search inside.

:cool:

#13     May 11, 2003
  4. traderme

traderme

i like youre answere and agry with it 100% but i think that you misinterpreted my qeustion.
    I wanted to know if there are any strategies that work well for other that they wouldn't mind sharing.
    for instance i stay a little longer in my possitions and want to shorten my time in each possition: in other word i want to learn how to scalp listed stocks.

#14     May 12, 2003
  5. Redhawk

Redhawk

Trendlines and a stop loss is the best technique I ever used....go figure.

#15     May 12, 2003
  6. If it is the case that you aren't making money trading on a longer time scale I think it would not be an unreasonable assumption that you also won't be able to make money daytrading.

freealways

#16     May 12, 2003
  7. there are a lot of styles that work, you just have to find the one that fits your personailty first. if you are looking for direction without having to "guess" which trades will work, look into mechanical systems trading. it takes much of the emotion out of the decisions that you have to make, plus it can teach you what to look for to enter trades if you are following a good system.

check my profile to link to the Capital Berkeley website.

Pete

#17     May 14, 2003
  8. Try Mr. Market's trading style....15 consecutive profitable trades ver a two year period:D

#18     May 14, 2003
  9. traderme

traderme

"Assumption is the mother of all f#@k ups
    I never said i didn't make $$$
    Knowing more never hurt any one"

Thanks to those that took this question seriously and replied
    Youre imput helped a lot.

#19     May 14, 2003
  10. Traderme, please get off your high horse.

We couldn't possibly know YOUR particular circumstances.

If you put your glasses on you will notice that I started my sentence with the word 'If'. People who respond to a post are mostly only trying to be helpful.

Whilst you may have started the thread any responses may be applicable to anyone of us so my statement is NOT out of place even if it doesn't necessarily apply to you.

What I DO know is that people who are in the habit of jumping to conclusions without looking at the full facts make bad traders.

freealways

#20     May 14, 2003