Are there ANY futures prop firms?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Sponger, May 15, 2007.

1. I couldnt help but post on here about MBF and my little connection with it. Basically MBF is Mark Fishers company, he owns the largest clearing firm on the NYMEX. He trained an estimated 4000 people to use his ACD method to trade in the pits.

My connection to MBF is a good friend of mine interned for them, quite a kid. 4.0 gpa double major accounting and finance from university of maryland. Kid had 4 prior years experience on the nymex floor before his INTERNSHIP with MFB. During mock trading he placed 1st out of all 80 interns. Despite his talent and abilities Mark Fisher made it known that he still could not offer him a position when he graduated. Basically to get into mbf you are going to have to bust your ass harder than you can possibly imagine. Your going to clerk for 5 years before you even get a shot at him backing you.

As someone else put it, chances of getting into MBF without connections is slim to none and slim left town.

#11     Jun 19, 2007
  2. Kuran47

Kuran47

First New York trades futures as well as stocks and options.

--
    I am looking for a futures prop firm in NYC area. Is ANYONE on this site currently at a futures prop firm in NYC? Or anywhere near NYC, like CT?

#12     Jun 19, 2007
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

You have to come to Chicago man, the futures capital of the world.

#13     Jun 20, 2007
  4. alex104

alex104

Maverick, can you please name some prop firms from Chicago that trade futures ?

#14     Jul 16, 2007
  5. alex104

alex104

Maverick74, can you please name some prop firms from Chicago that trade futures ? Thanks

Alex

#15     Jul 16, 2007
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

There are too many to list although many are listed on ET if you do a search under prop futures in the upper right hand corner.

I would suggest you go to the Merc's website (www.cme.com) and go to membership. You will see a list of all of them there.

#16     Jul 16, 2007
  7. But i think MBFC requires 100K deposit
    They need a 100K requirment minimum
    what are the advantage of trading with them instead of trading with a local company.or broker

#17     Jul 16, 2007
  8. alex104

alex104

Thanks for the info Maverick74. There's indeed lot of them listed on CME website however I'm trying to find out which of them do not require capital contribution from traders. Do you know about such names in Chicago ?

#18     Jul 17, 2007