Are there any chat rooms that trade futures that could help a new trader???

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Newbie1, Oct 11, 2002.

1. joe90

joe90

#11     Oct 14, 2002
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

#12     Oct 14, 2002
  3. Markus

Markus

Here's a weekly chat:

http://www.tradingeducators.com/studentsonly/chat.htm

It's free.
    you just have to send an e-mail to receive the instructions how to enter the chat.

Topics are
    - Futures position trading
    - Futures spread trading and
    - sometime daytrading e-minis

Markus

#13     Oct 14, 2002
  4. Markus,

I think Newbie1 is looking for REALTIME chat during market hours where traders post their trades as they occur and then discuss such trades when trades are completed.

Not after hours discussions as Joe Ross at your link does.

Also...most realtime chat room are usually fee-based and private.

Some have free trials.

In fact...some of the best free live-realtime trade posting chat rooms are private and most in the general public don't even know about.

By the way...does Joe Ross do any trade posting in live-realtime chat discussion during market hours?

NihabaAshi

#14     Oct 14, 2002
  5. Markus

Markus

NihabaAshi,

yes and no:
    Joe posts trades in live-realtime chat discussions during market hours, but that chat is restricted to his students only.

Markus

#15     Oct 14, 2002
  6. This room is run by one of the posters on this board, BrandonF. I have known him for years and he is a great trader. I think he offers a free trial, so it can't hurt to check it out. You may want to do a search on here for "trading the gap" In that thread he gives a general idea of how he trades. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

#16     Oct 14, 2002
  7. There's a chat room run by a "traderbambu" that I've heard about on another board that's supposedly pretty good for the eminis. I'm not big on chat rooms, but have seen posts from a couple of people who use that room - might be worth checking out if you're looking. I'm under the impression that it's a free chat room.

He posts on another board that I watch, but he's also listed here - so try sending him an email and ask about it. If it's free, it might be worth checking out.

Here's a link to his ET user page so you can send him an email - http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=10951

Good luck.

#17     Oct 15, 2002
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

There are a a number of good places to learn a few things, however I would caution against relying on a chatroom too much. The best way to use one in my opinion, is to do the trials until you find one that feels right, and then stick around for 4 to 6 months to learn what they do. Once you are comfortable that you understand it, leave and trade on your own for at least several months. If you have a hard time, then you may want to go back for a month or two, or if you are successful and just miss the group, then also consider going back. However, too many people use a chatroom as a crutch, and this is very much against your own best interest.

Brandon

#18     Oct 15, 2002