Are there any chat rooms that trade futures that could help a new trader???

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Newbie1, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Newbie1

Newbie1

Fellow traders. i have been lurking here for a few weeks, actively reading many of your interesting articles. i have begun trading futures, but dont' really know all that much aside from the little i've read in books etc. a friend recommended that i join a chat room...and being that i don't know any. i decided to turn here for help. i am looking for a real chat room where a trader(s) posts their trades, why they do it, and has a track record. i know there are several little chat rooms where people share ideas, and that's all well and good, but not exactly what i think would be best for me. i'd like to follow a succesful trader's trades, learn a thing or two in the process. i have no problem paying money, but would rather trade futures as i'm not crazy about stocks. any help, links, experience, advice, whatever would be greatly appreciated. thanks !
    -Danny

2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I learned more from Teresa Lo than anyone. Her room is for fee, nowadays, but very reasonable, currently $175/mo.

She used to do nothing but futures, but she took on stocks when the volatility got so squished in the futures market. I can't tell you how much time she devotes to futures nowadays, but she applies the same strategy to both futures and stocks, so it wouldn't make any difference. What might matter to you is the combination of calls on both futures and stocks, and that might be confusing to you.

I haven't been in her room for nearly a year, though, so she may have divided the futures and stock discussions again. Can't say. But she'd be happy to answer whatever questions you may have. Her site is trendvue.com and you can email her from there.

--Db

3. doher

doher

Paltalk.com - Business and Finance rooms --->

es<CCI CLUB. nq #2 no fee

NQ/ES Pals
    --------------------------
    mIRC

Othernet Server: #eminifutures, #tradingspace, #S&P, #traderalliance

regards

doher

4. doher

doher

don't know what happened to link - but it should read

es<CCI CLUB>nq #2 no fee

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

BTW, I should also point out that most professional rooms have free trials or one free day a month or something similar so that you can try before you buy.

--Db

6. PM Huios. He is involved with 1 or 2 and I think they are free.

7. www.qqqdaytrader.com
    I tried their trial about two months ago.
    They are going to be offering the NQ and ES as well as the Q's.

8. http://www.allstocks.com/html/irc_channels.html

9. nkhoi

nkhoi

10. might still offer a paid chat room .... thats free the 1st trading
    day of each month

#10     Oct 13, 2002