are there any CANSLIM traders here?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by andrasnm, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Does he sell the system for 2k in a seminar... LOL

:D :D :D

#31     Jul 11, 2004
  2. Your several posts are very constructive and rational.

Among the vast spectrum of approaches and possibilites to be considered, it is important have an attitude to gleen and mesh, into a system, a variety of contributing elements.

A good exercise to do for gaining perspective is to begin at the opposite poles of micro and macro operations. As you cross this spectrum you will see there are occasional peaks in getting the job done. Once you see how limitations of all sorts come into the picture at various places, you get to a very good place for melding together the set of independant methods you will need for handling the piles of capital you will be acquiring.

#32     Jul 12, 2004
  3. I think its time to ban your again from ET. You are just talking a bunch of crap again.

U make any topic as if it were designed for NASA engineers.

--MIKE

#33     Jul 12, 2004
  4. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    S-estave;
    Good points & actually you did well for first year.

On number 4, wouldnt be to quick to sell sideways trend in a bull market;
    unless its written & well measured in you plan
    to sell under performers.

Interesting first 6-7 months of DIA, SPY. QQQ have done much better last year compared to this year.

Always protects;
    always peseveres.:cool:

#34     Jul 22, 2004
  5. You should make that suggestion. If you do not get your way, just put me on ignore. I am rarely quoted, so your personal risk of seeing anything I post would get fairly slim.

The idea of assembling something in a custom way from quality parts is definitely not rocket science.

The idea of rejecting, in toto, something is also not too swift an idea. If only one small thought can be gleened and used to make money, it is worth it because you get a payback over and over.

Almost all funds subscribe to softwares services of IBD. They meld it with other stuff it turns out.

#35     Jul 22, 2004
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If you're comparing IBD to WONDA, you must have stood out in the rain for too long.

#36     Jul 22, 2004
  7. I always stand out in the rain when it comes. By choosing to live in Tucson, AZ I luck out on how often and long I get to be outstanding.

I have to settle for being outstanding in other ways. So far you, haven't seen anything outstanding from me.

I am just an older person who is mediocre and not outstanding in any way. It works out for me quite well.

The monsoon is not running to strongly this year so far. I work outside for about five hours a day until sunset. Mostly with concrete, stone, CMU's, mortar and grout. I just placed about 350 wine bottles in a sunset seating area. Each bottle has it's individual light for use after sunset.

Guessing that I stood out in the rain too long is really funny. This thread is getting beat up by you and others. To what end? The usual it looks like.

My vein is not to compare. It is something else. What I do is relatively unimportant; it usually has no real deep meaning or anything. My sandbox is just a sandbox and I enjoy being in it and having a life that is rich in many many ways.

That pontificating thing you came up with may be missing the target. If anyone were to contribute to ET in anyway it might best be done through being helpful. You conclude that it is my way or the highway; too bad you do not focus on all the many other ways there are. Putting people down, excepted.

More and more it seems you spend time trashing stuff and other people. You post that I stalk you. Sad situation for you.

Why don't you get around to figuring out that I am unimportant in the scheme of things?

#37     Jul 22, 2004
  8. Hey, db...are you the same db phoenix who used to be on the Motley Fool boards and traded mostly CANSLIM and had "db's burrow"? Your writing style looks very similar to his.:p

#38     Jul 22, 2004
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

So, Jack, you can dish it out but you can't take it? Boo hoo hoo.

Take it to somebody who cares. This bridge is closed.

#39     Jul 22, 2004
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Why yes, Festus. Still there, actually, as long as it's free. I've had to modify CANSLIM quite a bit, but it still suits for longer-term trading (the cycle so far has been about a year).

Note: you've been off for quite a while. Setting the world on fire?

#40     Jul 22, 2004