Are their any pro trading clubs out there?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tonyf, Feb 11, 2019.

1. tonyf

tonyf

It's is difficult being a micro HF in this age!
    I was thinking last night: it would be great if there was an HF starter club of some sort, where all independent managers pool their sub-accounts under one main account, aggregating their AUM to have better and cheaper access to the street.
    Does such a buying club exist anywhere?

2. maxinger

maxinger

I really doubt you can find a good HF club.
    Successful HF traders don't need to join clubs.
    why let other people know your secret / edge in trading ?
    HF trading is really about having an edge vs your competitors.

It should be easy to find HF club where you pay for its membership. Most likely it is setup by unsuccessful traders.

But I know when exchanges started to migrate from pit trading to electronics trading,
    useful clubs do exist to help traders deal with migration.

viruscore1 likes this.
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

There are hedge fund hotels which are offices offering space and services to start up hedge funds. The term has changed in meaning though and now means a stock that all the hedge funds are long. Talk to a prime broker about what services they offer. Google hedge fund hotels. Now that co-working has gone mainstream there are a lot of start up hedge funds in these buildings in financial districts world wide. See www.wework.com

drm7 likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

This would not work. A Hedge Fund is a pooled asset where the investor is allocated toward that manager and their strategy.

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

You can use an interactive brokers friends and family account to trade up to 15 accounts without having to pay for the paperwork and regulation of a hedge fund which could cost $100k.

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I want to point out that each state has their own requirements of when you have to register as an RIA to accept fees. Just because IB allows it, does not mean you won't be in violation of state securities laws.

IAS_LLC likes this.
  7. tonyf

tonyf

This is exactly my thinking. You get rebates from IB on volumes....why not pooling? An investment club of some sort.

8. tonyf

tonyf

HF hotels are a waste of time. They give you a regulatory umbrella but for a steep price. Not worth it.

9. [​IMG]

beginner66 and fan27 like this.
  10. tonyf

tonyf

?

#10     Feb 11, 2019