Are their any fully-backed trading firms?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by BlueStreek, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Where you don`t have to deposit your own money to start? I just need 5,000 grand to start...I don`t need to take any living expenses out for 1 year...but I live in Houston, and don`t want to move to NY, Chicago...so it would have to be remote trading job or firm in houston?

Or does anybody know of a trading related job in Houston...I have an MBA, but can`t find a job..even as an Energy Trader ...sent Koch tons of resumes....even for trading support jobs...nothing.....even when oil was 75 dollars a barrel?

Employment statistics are misleading in my opinion:)

2. if you want a job bad enough you will move instead of bitching about there not being any job opportunities

3. TRADERBM

TRADERBM

first new york might be something you want to look into

4. i sent my resume off per your advice traderbm....zerosum....my significant other has a nice analyst job at marathon oil...its not as simple as your oversimplified response...i would prefer to find a job in houston, but i am not oppossed to working anywhere in the world. Just rationally speaking, I should be able to find a job in a city where oil companies are raking it in right now. They are highly profitable when oil is 30 dollars a barrel.

5. keshner trading has a branch out there in h-town. I think you're required to put up starting cap. This guy, Don Bright always accepts traders from ET for remote trading.

Post a link to your resume here. You might want to look into some local HFs in your area.

I had a friend that got a job at a HF by calling them up and asking to speak to a partner about a position. Don't get me wrong, he said he got turned away a bunch of times too.

6. i sent him an e-mail....with a few examples, just to show I am sharp, and know the markets....and I think he took my reply to literally, saying we don`t trade futures, four letter stocks( except in pairs), and no option plays....A trader can trade any market, entity, etc.

I think he needed my own capital up front, which is a nice way to raise capital....lower risk, etc....

But such is life....if peope could spot talent...reggie bush would have been the texan`s first choice, michael jordan would have been in portland instead of chicago, and terry semel/susan decker would not be ceo/cfo`s respectively of yahoo.

I `m not good at selling myself....having the goods is different than being able to sell yourself.

Case in point, what the hell is HP`s reason for letting a jounalist with no technology background head its corporate board. She has no talent....but can sell like a mutha....(excuse my french).

7. ok...i`m looking at any analyst positions, trading positions, or managing money positions....which is ultimately what I want to get back to doing!

8. NICE resource site to have bookmarked.

9. Click on the career box to the left and you'll see a few jobs in Houston as well.

#10     Sep 27, 2006