Are the Signals providers a good option?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by daforex, Jan 31, 2011.

1. drewzoo

drewzoo

I run a system on Collective2, but it isn't FOREX, it's an options system. The biggest mistake I see beginners making is trying to make $ in FOREX with less than $1000 and hoping a combination of leverage, low drawdowns and luck will catapult them into five-figures... not likely.

I see this on C2 all the time. You're better off being more patient and looking for trading signals that show robustness, high sharpe ratio and consistency.

Silver Alpha
    http://slv.collective2.com

#31     May 17, 2011
  2. jilda21

jilda21

You are right!
    Trading with micro lots where 1 pip is 0.10 cent will be profitable in a long term trading. I have experienced it my self cause I have opened a 1000$ live account in AAAFX for receiving signals from zulutrade.

#32     Jun 9, 2011
  3. apaipi22

apaipi22

oooo yeah, totally agree, this is exactly my strategy as well... I recently started using zulutrade's demo...So far, I’ve chosen 4 providers on the basis of their top win % performance along with pairs differentiations....so far it's going pretty well, but it is still under testing :p

#33     Sep 7, 2011
  4. apaipi22

apaipi22

I've opened a demo with Collective 2 and what struck me was that not all the providers were available to be used in the free trial. Moreall, those who were, you could check their performance only for a limited time of up to 7days. What also made an appalling impression was that results were hypothetical, not real life, which means of course that whoever profitable you follow might be losing big time. Other that that the educational guru was pretty nice and interactive :) I am also using Zulutrade and things there are pretty different - results are real-life time and also I was able to switch my settings from my demo to life, pretty good :D

#34     Sep 19, 2011
  5. MillieJ

MillieJ

so, who are you following these days ? :D sometimes even scalpers are good you know that! :p

#35     Mar 14, 2013
  6. MillieJ

MillieJ

For me signal provides have made me quite lovely returns - 7.5 K usd last year only from following zulutrade traders (and with losses of course). Doubled more or less my initial account :D

#36     Mar 15, 2013
  7. MillieJ

MillieJ

For me signal provides have made me quite lovely returns - 7.5 K usd last year only from following zulutrade traders (and with losses of course). Doubled more or less my initial account :D

#37     Mar 15, 2013
  8. Peter35

Peter35

Most of signal providers are just scams that show up for a while and then go. The only exception i know is fxmaster.net. They have been around since 2004. But even this one needs very careful money management and a quiet big accounts since they have big draw-downs from time to time. However,, their results are real and i followed them for a couple of years.

#38     Apr 29, 2014
  9. MillieJ

MillieJ

I would disagree with you mate, not the one on zulutrade. The platform is designed like this that makes it possible for us to sort them by our taste of trading, imagine that.

#39     Apr 30, 2014
  10. Scalping works well with my Broker. The rules states that you can only open orders of less than a minute with 5 digit quotations. Other than this, a trader is free to scalp the 5 digits. STP brokers are more reliable when it comes to scalping. Also, when the execution speed if fast, there is no need to panic about slippages. Scalping works well with Profiforex

#40     May 6, 2014