Are the Signals providers a good option?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by daforex, Jan 31, 2011.

1. StateWX

StateWX

As a user, in rentasignal, you can open an autotrading account (without any monthly fee) or a renting account (with monthly fee).

I suggest to open an autotrading account.

To test a signal you can find its FX Portfolio Wizard, there you'll see the past results of the chosen signal.

#21     Feb 28, 2011
  2. doubler

doubler

Has anybody ranked all the signals using FX Portfolio Wizard? Are the listed performances in-sample or out of sample results? Some criteria I'd be interested in include Max Drawdown, Profit Factor, Number of trades, Total Net Gain, and some measure of how well the equity curve matches a nice straight line. Maybe correlation coefficient.

#22     Feb 28, 2011
  3. StateWX

StateWX

Hi Doubler,
    Sorry for the late reply. I have been on holidays and I just come back
    As long as I know, regarding to the ranking of FX Portfolio Wizard, when the Max Drawdown is very high the perfomance ratio becomes 0. Apart from that these signal without many historical details are penalized at the perfomance ratio. I think the perfomance ratio is a mix between various criteria like max drawdown

#23     Mar 29, 2011
  4. jilda21

jilda21

For some reason Zulutrade' s platform suits me better. I believe that the new updates on providers ranking system will help a lot in choosing the best of them.

#24     Mar 30, 2011
  5. markger

markger

Yes, ive seen the new ranking, I think they are on the right path!

#25     Apr 1, 2011
  6. jilda21

jilda21

I am checking the strategies-portfolios of other users of Zulutrade at the moment in order to write down which SP are now in and comparing them with the changes will be done in the portfolios of succeseful accounts after the system ranking update!

#26     Apr 1, 2011
  7. markger

markger

You mean the alchemy right? I ve seen that too and trying it now :D

#27     Apr 4, 2011
  8. markger

markger

Have you checked the new advanced search?

#28     May 5, 2011
  9. Lets say I flip a 1c, 5c & 50c coin each 100 times.

Results come out as

1c : 55% heads.

5c: 49% heads.

50c: 52% heads.

Is my 1c strategy worth more?

Personal view on "signals" is if you want to use them, them paper trade them for at least 3 months & do it seriously!

#29     May 13, 2011
  10. CanTrade

CanTrade

Are you talking for Signals in general?
    Cause for Zulutrade' s Signal Providers we can first check their performance history and then decide.
    A demo account is always good for a testing period.

#30     May 16, 2011