Are The Markets Rigged?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Stocktracker, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Not sure how HFT affects orders place with otm limit price. HFT can front run all they want, a limit price order will only be filled when matched. IMO institutional orders are placed at market. Any ET members use market order?

#21     Feb 25, 2018
  2. schweiz

schweiz

I ALWAYS use marketorders. Never want to miss a signal as it has a negative influence on my stats and probalities of making money.

#22     Feb 25, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Good for you. Unless you place large quantity orders, you're most likely ignored by HFT. I guess you're a day trader, do you make any money trading?

#23     Feb 25, 2018
  4. schweiz

schweiz

I daytrade the ES so there is more then enough volume available to get good fills in a short time.
    The purpose is indeed to make consistently money. I survive already 2 decades so no reason to complain.

#24     Feb 25, 2018
  5. prc117f

prc117f

I dont get it if its rigged then why am I making money? I thought rigged means only one small group of people make money and everyone else loses.

#25     Feb 25, 2018
  6. prc117f

prc117f

I do some times SPY is very liquid and deep, 1500 share orders get filled quickly and it is a drop in the bucket in that market.

#26     Feb 25, 2018
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

False. Trading is a negative sum game.

#27     Feb 26, 2018
    zhucap likes this.
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Markets are certainly not rigged. --In any event, the point is moot. --Just as it is in the case of the PPT argument.

#28     Feb 26, 2018
  9. maxinger

maxinger

It doesn't matter.

As long as there is trading opportunity, just pull the trigger without hestitation.

#29     Feb 26, 2018
  10. 1500 shares is peanuts, you'er front run an you don't even know it...

#30     Feb 26, 2018