Are the markets racist?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Darkside, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Do you think that minorities have subordinate fills on trades? Could this be the reason that so many traders fail?

2. I'm white and I've gotten bad fills on MLK, POPO and NWA.

3. How does the market know your race when all it sees are numbers?

Simarily, how do I know your race behind your words?

Heck, I don't even know what country, city, street address, name of your broker, trading account ID nor what you trade...

Unless you tell me.

With that said, most of the failed traders I know are white.

Maybe that has to do with the fact that most of the traders I know are white.

:D

Mark

4. maxpi

maxpi

I know I'm a racist, when I'm trading all I'm thinking is "I want some of that Black and Hispanic money". That is all that keeps me going some days.

5. The market is not racist.

It hates everyone equally.

6. pattersb

pattersb Guest

just when you thought the race-card could not be used in a more absurd way ... this is classic.

Any homosexuals feel they are not being filled properly? How about you feminist-pagan-wickens!? How about the midgets, or fatties out there?

7. They don't need to know your race. They only need to know stupid. That correlates well enough. And stupid gets the fastest worst fills.

8. Top-grossing black-owned firms
    By Emily Newman

Posted: June 11, 2007, 6:01 AM EST

EARNEST Partners, Atlanta, and Fairview Capital Partners, Inc., Farmington, Conn., were named the top-grossing black-owned asset manager and private equity firm, respectively, in the June 2007 issue of Black Enterprise magazine.

Ariel Capital Management LLC, RhumbLine Advisers, Advent Capital Management LLC and Brown Capital Management Inc. round out the list of top asset managers. Pharos Capital Group, ICV Capital Partners LLC, SYNCOM Management Co. Inc. and Smith Whiley & Co. complete the list of top five private equity managers.

Assets under management at black-owned asset management firms increased by 4.4% to a total of $80.9 billion between 2005 and 2006, and private equity capital under management increased 13.2% to a total of $4.5 billion for the same period.

9. maxpi

maxpi

I want all of their money too. Dang, queer pagan money, I could really have some fun with that.. Black money might get me a short walk on the wild side and Hispanic money could get me some nice meals, but they all taste the same after awhile, probably because it's all 4 basic ingredients prepared 24 different ways.... but I could do high end stuff with that queer pagan dough... can't wait to get some of that stuff...

10. You are Dr. EEEEEVIL....

#10     Aug 22, 2007