are the futures opened friday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by john12, Apr 5, 2007.

1. <i>"What OHLC data you'll use on Monday to view gaps, calculate pivot points etc. Today (Thursday) or this short tomorrow?"</i>

Use the "all sessions" pivot values inside globex session. Use the pit session pivot settings during the actual pit session. You will see each version respected during its relevant time period.

Tomorrow's report is often double-barreled. There is the current voodoo math released first, which the knee jerkers respond to immediately without hesitation. Then there can be revisions of previous voodoo math, which creates a second wave of knee jerked response.

If any revised historical data compliments current data, it will be a two-stage directional surge. If instead any revised data conflicts with current release, price action will respond with a V-reversal move.

Basically, I try to position ahead of the news if clear signals exist. Fade the first sharp spike to clear magnets, such as (but not limited to) R1/S1 or better yet R2/S2 and await a second push. If the trade triggers and moves in favor, trail stop near par and sit on it. Could see the entire initial surge erased with biggest swing going in opposite direction of news release.

I trade 1/2 positions on each entry... two losses equal one normal sized stop-out. One or two wins are likewise quick, easy cash.

45min workday max tomorrow. Wish they'd schedule those every Friday... then they'd all be good! <laugh>

#11     Apr 5, 2007
  2. Well, you sound like a Christ killer , lol

#12     Apr 5, 2007
  3. Why don't you do it for him instead of coming on here and making fun of people. If it is so easy for you to find the answer and obviously know where to find the answer then go find it for him. Apparently nobody never taught you to be nice to people that ask for help. Obviously you are against a little research yourself. You have nothing better to do with your life but come on elite trader and complain.

#13     Apr 5, 2007
  4. Did you know that Jesus pooped his pants. That is why they put diapers on him on the cross. A grown man having to wear diapers. IMAGINE THAT!! And it is just SICKENING that the American stock exchange closes on Friday to remember a 31 year old man that pooped his pants. IMAGINE THAT!! :eek:

#14     Apr 5, 2007
  5. bighog

bighog Guest

Darn right wing bible thumpers are taking over ther mkts.:eek:

#15     Apr 5, 2007