are the futures opened friday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by john12, Apr 5, 2007.

1. john12

john12

does the es and ym trade for a hr or so friday after the employment report?

2. SarahG

SarahG

According to the CME website the ES will close at 10:00 Central Chicago time. http://www.cme.com/trading/res/cch/2007good_friday827.html

So it should be.

I don't mean to sound like the Anti-christ or anything. But I don't think the American stock exchanges should be closed on Good Friday because that is a religous holiday. And there are all sects of religions that play the stock market that have no clue what good friday is and could care less. It doesn't sound like such a good friday to me if we can't trade the market. :mad:

3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Doesn't it close at 815 am ?

Friday, April 6, 2007 - Good Friday

Closed
    (CME Commodites, CME Weather Options, CME GSCI®, CME Housing Options and CME Equity Indexes)

Close at 10:00 a.m.
    (CME Foreign Exchange and CME Interest Rates) CME Equity Indexes close at 8:15 a.m.

CME Foreign Exchange, CME Interest Rates, and CME Housing close at 10:15 a.m.

TOPS users - please note that TOPS will treat Good Friday as a normal trade date.

4. infooo

infooo

not that I know

5. Just remember, He's the "Prince of Peace" not the "Prince of the P's!"

6. Truff

Truff

Times given are Chicago times.

Board of Trade

Thursday, April 5:

Electronic e-cbot(r) trading: All e-cbot daytime trading closes at normal times. Overnight e-cbot opens at normal times for Financial and EQUITY INDEX contracts. All other overnight e-cbot trading closed.

Friday, April 6:

Electronic e-cbot trading in all Equity Index contracts continues until
    8:15 A.M.
    Electronic e-cbot trading in Financial contracts continues until 10:15 A.M.
    All other open auction and e-cbot trading is closed.

Sunday, April 8:

Electronic e-cbot trading reopens at normal evening times.

CME Globex

Thursday, April 5:

CME Globex products will close at their regular times. Overnight Globex Equity and Currencies products opens at normal times. Overnight NYMEX/COMEX Products traded through Globex trading closed.

Friday, April 6:

Equity index products traded on GLOBEX will close at 8:15 a.m.
    Foreign exchange products traded on GLOBEX will close at 10:15 a.m.
    Daytime NYMEX/COMEX Products traded through Globex trading closed.

Sunday, April 8:

CME Globex trading reopens at normal evening times.

EUREX

Friday, April 6:

Eurex is closed for trading in all products

Monday, April 9:

Eurex is closed for trading in all products

Tuesday, April 10:

Eurex trading reopens at normal times.

7. How very anti-Christ of you. Please don't belittle the one thing that I can truly understand and appreciate about religion -- the holidays.

8. so that means the es and ym are opened till 9:15 eastern ? so 45 minutes of trading?

9. I also have a question to everyone regarding all these short trading days etc.

What OHLC data you'll use on Monday to view gaps, calculate pivot points etc. Today (Thursday) or this short tomorrow?

10. It would take less time to just go the www.cme.com and find out for yourself then to post on here and wait for an answer. Why are people so against doing a little research on their own???

#10     Apr 5, 2007