Are the Big Banks Gaming the Taxpayer?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by poyayan, Mar 27, 2009.

1. It's a distinct possibility. Maybe I should even say "highly likely."

What the videos leave out is some banks buying other banks' assets (likely with TARP $) to treat them in this manner (i.e. buy for 30%, sell to SIV for 80%+, split "profits" with treasury, let SIV's fail and leave Fed holding the bag).

It's perfect. It's beyond the compreshension capacity of 90% of Americans, who'll instead find someones retention contract to bitch about, or someone's company car program to be outraged at instead.

#11     Mar 28, 2009
  2. the1

the1

And it will be change you can believe in. It's nice to see the public a little pissed off. Up until now Joe American has been laying down. We are getting pretty close to the breaking point. Joe American will only take so much...

#12     Mar 28, 2009
  3. jem

jem

president obama is turning into a disgrace.

bush's excuse is that it was his family friends screwing us and he was and idiot.

whats obama's mission. to let the us be destroyed on his watch? he is starting to look like a political chump.

first pelosi and ried force him to defend the porkification of his stimulus plan. Instead of being devoted to infrastructure in turned intoa bloated pork fest. Noww the bankers have they way with him for trillions.

I never thought this guy could be this bad. I thought he was going to raise taxation and ram through health care and take us to the left.

at the moment he is just pathetic.

#13     Mar 28, 2009