Are The Banks Broke?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Aaron Copland, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Digs

Digs

These numbers mean nothing, the TAF as replaced the 'Non borrowed' fund base.

It just means borrowing from Fed is cheaper than getting deposits and paying interest.

#11     Apr 1, 2008
  2. The discussion has proceeded thus far without mentioning the fact that the Fed and the banks are one. The line between the the authority of the non-governmental Fed (i.e. banks) and the Treasury, congress, etc. is murky at best. The whole damn thing is fradulent. The banks have the power to use your taxes to do what they damn well please via the Fed. This is why you will never see Ron Paul on the mainstream airwaves. Ever.

#12     Apr 1, 2008
  3. I'll say it again. It may be fraudulent, but considering how inept the populace is, (present co excepted of course), it sure do work. So far.

#13     Apr 1, 2008
  4. dinoman

dinoman

They were, but the Feds just stuck their hands in everyones pockets. So, I highly doubt at this point there will be any more casualties. (maybe a few in the making, TMA and maybe WM, which are irrelevant)

All casualites from here on in are the people.
    aA I see the spiral I think the Fed may be able to pull us threw 1 more cycle, two at best.

Eventually the consumer, small fry, american middle and lower class will fall at which then Corp America leaves the country and continues on. I don't blame them though for our politicians are basically screwing everyone in this country, even though Corp America has the best hand at the moment.

Our government needs to be cut out severely like 80% + and drop the B.S. of over taxing the sheet out of companies and the american people. They use us both as pawns against each other.

I am not excluding the factor of the lobbyist, which are on the level of most GOV representatives too.

The worst factor is our country will be brought to its knees, because of the lack of education and flat out lack of concern for others. I am leaving alot out, but lack the time to write a book.

#14     Apr 1, 2008
  5. Hydroblunt,

Well I think we agree in principal.

I was merely pointing out that free markets can support 'investment banks'. You can call it a 'mutual fund' if you want instead. But there's not much point in disagreeing on semantics when we probably both agree that a government mandated fractional reserve banking system that is required to be the source of all money is a terrible thing.

#15     Apr 2, 2008
  6. RIO and KGC looked good on the pullback a week ago. if europe and japan get on the rate cut wagon i could see gold making a big run before the year is out.

#16     Apr 2, 2008