Are tales of China's recovery mostly hot air?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by makloda, May 16, 2009.

1. Please do not put a curse on us! :)
    Your "stimulus", as your sarcasm clearly suggest, is the biggest scam in history (and I agree with Keynes on most!).

#41     May 18, 2009
  2. Let an Italian say "never say never". If for a strange turn of history italians (or greeks) will anytime return to stick to the behaviour and values who made Rome or Athens what they was, they could (of course, noone in Italy believe it will happen soon, just make a tour of Naples, or even Rome Palaces. But even USA, that in some respect can be thought share the superior values of Roman Republic, seems losing that "special fiber" any day more. Anyone read about social conditions that drove Republic to Empire and then to its fall?).

Just a simple question. is China capable to grow all food it needs? (I'm really asking, because I have no idea)

#42     May 18, 2009
  3. Evans-Pritchard on the future of the "super savers" (China, Japan, Germany):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...on-if-it-triggers-a-crisis-over-US-bonds.html

He makes a good point. I see politicians from Germany to China blaming the US and "greedy bankers" for the mess. They're either too arrogant or too naive to realize they themselves are guilty of this mess just as much. Sooner or later these super-savers will have to admit they were the crack dealers supplying the dope (from cheap plastic toys to Porsche Cayenne SUVs) to consumption addicts that now are forced to go on rehab.

#43     May 18, 2009