Are some markets more profitable (or less risky) to trade than others?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dbell66, Aug 12, 2005.

1. skalpz,

I always enjoy your posts. However, I was curious if you make enough money in your real account to trade for a living?

T2B

#11     Aug 13, 2005
  2. you always enjoy my posts?

Thank you! :D

The rest of your post is off-topic however.

You are welcome to send me an email.

Always nice to hear from a fan.

sKaLpZ

#12     Aug 13, 2005
  3. T2B, I will say, I did increase my account less than .5% last week. Had a loss but had more in winnings.

How did you do? And, do you trade for a living?

While we're on the subject, what exactly do you trade?

#13     Aug 13, 2005

4. I haven't been trading very long. I am still learning. I work full time, but do have a goal to eventually trade for a living - which is why I asked you. I trade the ES in the morning before I go to work (San Diego) - very small size until I prove to myself I can consistently win. Last week I barely came out ahead - not good enough for me, but better than a losing week. Hope this answers your questions.

#14     Aug 13, 2005
  5. hm... well, in my opinion, unless someone wants to live like a dog, it takes $1,000,000 in your trading account to 'trade for a living.'

I am working on getting a mil.

until then, like, for example, the over 10% gain I took in on money exposed to the market last week, was probably enough to buy a dinner out at a restaurant.

My account really isn't big enough to 'trade for a living' yet but I'm working on it. :D

If I could sign some guys up for the fishing trip in San Diego, it would help me build my trading account. (lmao)

#15     Aug 14, 2005
  6. dis

dis

My trusty bullshit detector is sounding alarms. :confused:

#16     Aug 14, 2005
  7. yeah?

and my trusty WAY OFF TOPIC alarm is sounding.

good luck with the thread, guys, and the flamers. I'm outa here.

fx

#17     Aug 14, 2005
  8. Disagree with the underlined part... a robust approach to the eminis can bring in consistent and good profits...

#18     Aug 14, 2005
  9. Disagree... a good trader can make a decent living off just $50k on futures (trading say 15-20 contracts of ES)... with stocks, a good trader can also make a decent living with considerably under $1million...

#19     Aug 14, 2005

10. Scalpz Profit last week= 0.05T=.10M=50 dollars (1 dinner)

T=total account, M=money at risk in account, 50 dollars=profit last week.

So I see I have to up the price of dinner to get a normal small account margin. I'll go to 100 bucks for dinner to sqeak through.

T=2,000 dollars

M=1000 dollars

He says he uses 50% of his capital in the market as money management and speaks in decimal fractions to describe his trading profits.

He says he needs 1,000,000 for T to trade some kind of M to make dinner plus all other living expenses plus.

#20     Aug 14, 2005