Are share prices random?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by yabz, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Pabst

Pabst

Just tell her you mean, good fat, like JLO.

BTW- Great post :D

#21     Aug 26, 2002
  2. Hey dude, you stole my quote! I have your signature on my monitor. Great minds think alike.

#22     Aug 26, 2002
  3. The burning question is: Did Puffy say her ass was too fat?

#23     Aug 26, 2002
  4. lmao lmao lmao maybe i'm the only one who will find that funny....but i'm just picturing someone watching ants..trying to understand them. lol

#24     Aug 26, 2002
  5. When I was a kid, I got an ant farm as a gift. You can't imagine how long I waited for those ants to grow something.

What a ripoff.

#25     Aug 26, 2002
  6. i have to admit, i actually once had an ant farm too. 2 things come to mind:

-i remember that you weren't supposed to just put any ants you could find in the farm. you ordered a special kind and they came in a tube via the mail. lol they must have had a fun trip.

-one interesting thing i remember is that the ants actually had a graveyard. whenever an ant died, it would be carried by another ant to an area where the other dead ants were. :cool:

#26     Aug 26, 2002
  7. Quite frankly I look for price action and other patterns that aren't random.

Geese,killer whales, spyders,marlins mostly aren't random.''You call it luck but what I call it is a small sample''- John Henry-trend follower,partial Marlins owner.[sports] :cool: Boston Globe-8/10/2002

''Write down what you learned.'' M. Masters-marlin Fund-Jack Schwager

#27     Aug 26, 2002
  8. jperl

jperl

To bring this thread back to the center, here are four NASDAQ stocks whose number of updays(close to close) over the past 100 days is very low:

percent updays
    LRCX 37%
    TMPW 37
    AAPL 36
    LRCX 34

Question: Would this data influence your decision to short these stocks at the close of today? Or if your system tester suggested a long entry tomorrow, would the above info influence your decision not to take the long?

#28     Aug 26, 2002

9. I bet Dr. Doolittle could have told you whassaaa....or maybe one o' those bearded entomologists from the Farside cartoons...

#29     Aug 26, 2002

10. mu

#30     Aug 26, 2002