Are screen traders at risk of eyesight problems ?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Kicking, Jan 18, 2008.

1. back problems..

my back kills...

trying to setup a reclining...system.. with montiors on arms that can come down with keyboard stand...

#11     Jan 18, 2008
  2. My eyesight went from 20/15 x 20/15 to 20/650 x 20/875 after looking at a screen for 20 years. Then I got my eyes lasered 8 years ago and I'm back to 20/15 x 20/15 and holding steady. Still don't need reading glasses. Smartest thing I ever did. Completely changed my life.

Just
    My2¢¢

#12     Jan 18, 2008
  3. After trading the ES :eek:

#13     Jan 18, 2008
  4. :eek:

!!!!

#14     Jan 18, 2008
  5. sumosam

sumosam

Yes, the screen affects your eyes. My eye doctor asked me how long I spend in front of a computer. I did get special glasses which I now wear just for the computer, and it really helps.:cool:

#15     Jan 18, 2008
  6. And make sure its one that does not have an optical business. An MD should never attempt sell you sunglasses, but many OD's will. Most vision changes are genetic, based on the growing shape of your head around your eyeballs.

#16     Jan 18, 2008
  7. Surdo

Surdo

I also reccommend going to a higher end place for lenses, these discount Lenscrafter places use the cheapest materials and you get what you pay for. Zeiss Optics really know their stuff and only license a few labs to use their name.

#17     Jan 18, 2008
  8. So it does affect your eyesight ? So does any computer activity then I suppose. Are most people working on a computer at risk or is staring at the same thing worse than doing word processing or browsing ? I am definitely going to cut back now.

#18     Jan 19, 2008
  9. Not to a bitch or anything...

but I don't think reading forums in your free time is helping you much with your problem.

#19     Jan 19, 2008
  10. Well I used computers a lot since I was about 8. I'd play computer games for hours at a time, daily, for many years. I've been reading information online forever, I've probably read over 100 books in PDF format. None of that ever had an effect on my vision. Only microscalping of the order book and T&S killed my eyes.

#20     Jan 19, 2008