Are Republicans Suffering From Stockholm Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

WTF is the "optimal tax rate" are you talking about the tax rate that generates the most revenue?

Do you think there is actually a tax rate that makes the economy MORE PRODUCTIVE?

#31     Dec 7, 2012
  2. If you cared about your taxes then you would be on the same side as the democrats on this issue, extend the tax rates on incomes below 250 grand now. But that isn't the party line so you and others like you are ignoring their best interests to fight a battle for the wealthy. Crazy isn't it. Why would someone who is just an employee do that?

#32     Dec 7, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm employed by "the wealthy". They're the ones who buy private jets.
    When the economy declines or if even they just perceive they have less money due to taxes or whatever. The private jet is often the first thing to go, along with my job.

And I wish you could get past that whole rep v dem thing, as if the dems give a rats ass about you. They don't.

#33     Dec 7, 2012
  4. Not only that...

But America has NO CHANCE...ZERO of returning to our former status as economic leader of the world until we ENCOURAGE capital formation/deployment and the hiring of American workers.

The ONLY way that will occur is when/IF we adopt (1) policies of less onerous regulations/costs on business, and (2) a broadly based, low rate FLAT and/or consumption tax.

Neither of those will occur while Odumbo is steering America's ship onto the rocks!

Oh, BTW... we gotta do something about reckless government spending and the parasite class. Won't see any progress on those issues any time soon, either.

:mad: :mad:

#34     Dec 7, 2012

5. Be smart Lucrum, take care of yourself, don't throw yourself on the sword to protect your boss, so to speak. They're wealthy, have top notch accountants and lawyers and can take care of themselves and so should you and the working class republicans. It's not a difficult decisions, take the money, take the lower tax rate.
    What happened to all the Ayn Rand philosophy by the right?

#35     Dec 7, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

You are wondering into RCG levels of incoherence......

#36     Dec 7, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'd love lower tax rates. Although admittedly, given a choice between unemployment and higher taxes I'd probably take the former.

#37     Dec 7, 2012
  8. You have to give Obama and the media credit here. The burden of persuation should be on those who want to raise taxes. Instead, they have somehow painted repulicans into a corner where everyone will blame the republicans if taxes go up, even though the only reason any taxes will go up is because of Obama's obsession with raising the top rate.

The usual weak-kneed republicans cannot stand this pressure and are begging for relief. Even a normally reasonable guy like Rand Paul seems to have gone wacky.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and start repeating"We are not going to vote to raise anyone's taxes. Period. The problem is spending, not the government not getting enough of workers' money."

Then, when the media say but Obama only wants to raise taxes on the top 2 %, repeat it.

#38     Dec 7, 2012
  9. If the Republicans are not going to stand for core principles...

1. Low taxes

2. Less government

3. Fiscal responsiblity

Then WHO NEEDS 'EM! Should just go to shit and let the hogs eat 'em! And be replace by the Tea Party (REAL Tea Party'ers... not the ones who SAID they supported Tea Party principles, then caved as soon as they hit DC.)

:mad:

#39     Dec 7, 2012
  10. Obama, as Ann the pragmatist stated, won the election.

#40     Dec 7, 2012