Are Republicans Suffering From Stockholm Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

This is what i cant stand about you liberals, you will never debate actual statements, you will only come out with bullshit like this, so here, i will respond 1 time and 1 time only to exactly all of the uninformed statements you originally made.

The first set of Bush tax cuts eliminated any tax payer who made less than 10,000 from the books altogether, and instead of people after 10,000 having to pay 15% it changed it to 10% thats a 33% reduction in tax rates for people at the bottom. 15/10

The next bracket, 28% got lowered to 25% thats more than a 10% decrease in terms of taxes owed.

The next bracket went from 31% to 28% another 10% decrease in terms of taxes owed.

The next tax bracket went from 36% to 33% another decrease of just under 10% in terms of taxes owed.

The top rate went from 39.6% to 36% which was another decrease of roughly 10% in terms of taxes owed.

IF THE TOP RATE WENT FROM 39.6% TO 36% thats roughly a 10% decrease in terms of taxes owed.

The bottom rate went from 15% to 10% thats roughly a 33% decrease in terms of taxes owed, on top of that people making less than 10k were eliminated from the books.

Who really got the best end of that deal?

The rich arent going to bat an eye if we go over the cliff, most of the Bush tax cuts were designed for the poor, Obama and the democrats know it, this talking point about bush tax cuts for the rich was a farce, the rich got a proportional tax cut to the amount of taxes they pay, the poor and middle class got much better, so lets go off the cliff, and see what happens.

#21     Dec 7, 2012

2. I think the GOP becomes self aware at times and yields to common sense.

#22     Dec 7, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

In your opinion what would "common sense" mean in terms of these deficit debates? What would your optimal outcome be?

#23     Dec 7, 2012
  4. Max you're not qualified, nor have you put in the effort to study the numbers to judge if a couple percent more or less tax is the optimal tax. You're a professional poster here that's all you are, you are not an economist or an expert in any way.

But the real question the reps have to answer is why haven't they extended the tax cuts for the majority of Americans now and get that done with, they have no answer for that question. That is one of the reasons you guys lost the election, no answers.

#24     Dec 7, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah your right, i only majored in economics in university, im certainly not as qualified as the left wing economists, who say that the best way to reduce the deficit is by spending more money, but im working on it.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U1S9F3agsUA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#25     Dec 7, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Optimal" for what? We don't even have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem.

Help me understand how a blue collar worker, or anyone else for that matter. Is in favor of giving even more of their earned income to an incompetent federal government addicted to outrageous spending. Much of it completely wasted.

#26     Dec 7, 2012
  7. Max E.

Max E.

Bigarrow is pulling stuff out of his arse, there is no number in terms of taxation that actually makes an economy more productive, it is a simple economic fact that money spent by government is less efficient than money spent in the free market.

#27     Dec 7, 2012

8. Good move on distracting there max, and you're right your degree does not qualify you. You do not know the optimal tax rate. And you have no answer for why the republicans don't extend the tax rates for the majority of Americans. Which is puzzling because their general conciseness is that extending the tax rates will be good for middle class Americans and for America's economy, but yet they (the republicans) do nothing. No answers max??? why

#28     Dec 7, 2012
  9. You're assuming way too much there Lucrum. And as usual when you assume you are wrong. And you tell me how an employee or anyone for that matter is willing to pay more of their earned income just to protect the top .05% of earners? ( yes I'm assuming and being sarcastic ).

#29     Dec 7, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not sure I follow. I never said anything about the top x %. That's strikes me as mostly a class warfare talking point. I care about MY taxes.

"Help me understand how a blue collar worker, or anyone else for that matter. Is in favor of giving even more of their earned income to an incompetent federal government addicted to outrageous spending. Much of it completely wasted."

#30     Dec 7, 2012