Are rallies Obama fault? Or just declines in the market?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jajuanm2, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Banff01

Banff01

There were warnings about this derivative driven crisis coming out already in 2002. Why didn't your republicans do anything about it back then? Let me tell you why because the party is dominated by ignorant conservatives who believe that free markets can take care of themselves. Just as now they don't want to do anything and only keep whining about taxes. Free markets have limits and the their amorality can easily lead to total destruction of the system in which they operate. This crisis is an exact example of that and hopefully we learn from it enough so that we don't have to face anything of this magnitude again. The real problem is that all kinds of extremists may try to get a grip on power as the situation worsens (especially the extreme left).

#21     Mar 23, 2009
  2. Mnphats

Mnphats

Forward looking.

#22     Mar 23, 2009
  3. Hey yo Republican maggot, you're the biggest joke around here. As a matter of fact, all Republicans that I had the shitty opportunity of meeting were crappy traders. So please prove me wrong for once and for all. You show me your realtime trades and I'll show you mine.

Otherwise, shut the fuck up about what you think because nobody gives a shit about you or any of your Bushie whores.

#23     Mar 23, 2009
  4. jd7419

jd7419

Any of you commie lovers see sec fees are going up 5 fold on april 31. That should help your bottom lines, actually it won't do shit because you don't trade.

#24     Mar 23, 2009
  5. "commie lovers" I haven't heard that one in a while. I trade and I have posted trade logs here before not sure who you are directing your comments at.

#25     Mar 23, 2009
  6. Have you noticed the multitude of stocks that trade under $10.

The SEC fee is charged on the dollar value of the sale. If you sell 1000 shares of BAC at $40, they get more revenue then when you sell 1000 shares of BAC at $7.

SEC fees have been very low (historically) for the last while. So an increase was probably coming before stocks prices got cut in half.

Not sure what any of that has to do with 'commies'.

I don't like it any more than you do. It's definately gonna dent my wallet but it's either that or get a real job. No TY.

#26     Mar 23, 2009
  7. You said:
    Anyone looking at the markets everyday knows with 100% certainty that Obama hurts the markets.
    Anyone with half a brain looking at the markets today will realize it has nothing to do with Obama positive or negative.

---
    100% certainty that Obama hurts the markets?
    so that would mean that if the markets fall, it's Obama's fault.
    By that rationale, if the markets rise, it's to Obama's credit.

Correct?

Were the markets falling in 2001 because of Bush?

#27     Mar 23, 2009
  8. And don't forget that McCain's economic advisor was none other than Texas Republican, Phil "Enron" Gramm who brought us the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, (without even a committee hearing or a recorded vote ) complete with de-regulation of credit default swaps, power trading that "gamed" the California electricity grid during the Recession in 2001/2002, and west texas intermediate crude oil trading overseas in London and Dubai without any regulation, position limits, etc.

But live it to Nemo the Retard to not have a clue about that.

:D

#28     Mar 23, 2009
  9. You're scaring away all of the NeoCons. :D

#29     Mar 23, 2009
  10. And why are we talking about McCain? How about just defending the idea that this is an Obama rally?

#30     Mar 23, 2009