Are Pro firms really helpful?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ADX_trader, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Those who have been in Pro firms, do you feel they can train you to be a successful trader?

2. lesson one:
    futures going up, offers leaving... buy the offer.
    lesson two:
    futures going down, bids leaving... sell the bid.
    lesson three:
    repeat lessons one and two as much as humanly possible.

3. If you hook up with the right firm they are definately helpful in getting you on your way to becoming profitable. Choose the wrong one, and you'll be out of business in no time, just due to your own frustration. There are a few firms out there that really due focus on training and those are the one's you want to choose. But you want hands on training, not courses. If you want more info, PM me.

4. sub7slak

sub7slak

Go with one that do not require a large capital from you just to start out, that will at least give you some idea first hand whether or not it's for you.

5. Absolutely correct.Trading is really simple,but it seems that most people overcomplicate it with useless technical analysis that doesn't work.Keeping it simple is my philosophy.Controlling your losses is also one of the main things that will lead to profitable trading.

6. Carboxyl

Carboxyl

I think that depends on what type of trader you are and what style you like, sometime the match is just not there.

7. Absolutely right, you don't know how many traders I have seen fail, just because they refused to believe that trading could be simplified. They all thought they had to come up with some formula, or band, or whatever else they were spewing. In the meantime they were wasting valuable time from learning what I was trying to teach them. The funny thing is, alot of these guys came from top dog schools, talk about ego's, and I think it drove them crazy that others around them were actually starting to make money. They thought they should make money from day one, haha, it takes time, no matter how smart you are.

The only thing I disagree with, is that TA can be very useful in it's simplest form if used properly.