Are most traders married?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Buy1Sell2, Apr 30, 2006.

Do you discuss trading with your spouse and family?

1. I am married and discuss trading with spouse/family

113 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. I am married and don't discuss trading with spouse /family

75 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. I am single and discuss trading with significant other/family

78 vote(s)
    20.1%
  4. I am single and don't discuss trading with significant other/family

88 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. I am married and spouse/family doesn't know I trade

4 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. I am single and no one else knows I trade

30 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. zdreg

zdreg

as to the poll does talking to the guys in the office count as talking to the family.:D

#31     May 5, 2006
  2. dac8555

dac8555

i tried to explain things once...she didnt care. all she likes to hear is "i made another grad today before my coworkers got in...".

as long as i am winning instead of losing..she doesnt care.

#32     May 5, 2006
  3. #33     May 5, 2006
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I would have to say no.

#34     May 6, 2006
  5. zdreg

zdreg

you are disabusing the fantasy that some traders have. not good.

#35     May 8, 2006
  6. Don't worry, as long as it isn't Account 88888 :D

#36     May 9, 2006
  7. Neither my family nor my women understand what I do (and I'm not even talking about multi-factor models for pricing exotics) - they have a basic idea but that is about it.

Married? No way, I am kept far too busy with Statistical BARBIETRAGE :D

Ahh, diversification, it works on so many levels :cool:

#37     May 9, 2006
  8. 24, Married and profitable but that is all earnings before income taxes and wife (EBITW). Not much left after that for me.

#38     May 9, 2006
  9. married, and hubby is glad i do what i do. he finds my trading boring, so i don't give him many details, but if something goes particularly well, i mention it and he's happy for me (us).

actually, to address what was said earlier about what women look for in men, men are clueless. that is why they do all the wrong things and get all the wrong types of women and then complain that it's the woman's fault.

when i was but a wee lass (teenager), i met hubby in college. usually, at that age, women are looking for an attractive male. i was no exception and found hubby cute, but i was also looking for someone who would love me to the ends of the earth and back. as i got to know him better, i realized that increasingly it mattered to me that a man have very strong character as well. now, years later, those things are still important to me. i guess that's why the marriage is still a happy one.

it really annoys me to hear guys say stuff like that women want money and fast cars, etc. these men are sooooo clueless. these are shallow values. if you go for women with these values and try to play up to these values then don't complain when what you get is a shallow, obnoxious, unpleasant person to live with, because it's what you asked for and therefore it's what you deserve.

#39     May 9, 2006
  10. Judging by that post I think someone needs a hug! :D

#40     May 9, 2006