Are most traders married?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Buy1Sell2, Apr 30, 2006.

Do you discuss trading with your spouse and family?

1. I am married and discuss trading with spouse/family

113 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. I am married and don't discuss trading with spouse /family

75 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. I am single and discuss trading with significant other/family

78 vote(s)
    20.1%
  4. I am single and don't discuss trading with significant other/family

88 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. I am married and spouse/family doesn't know I trade

4 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. I am single and no one else knows I trade

30 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. HotTip

HotTip

Married with 1 kid. I met my wife shortly after a startup I was working at disintegrated in 2002 and I was collecting unemployment. We got married when I was trying to trade fulltime with 30k in the account and 30k in credit card debt (not to mention 40k in student loans and zero assets) and my only goal was to keep my trading account growing faster than my credit card debt. Had our baby in 2005 when my trading finally took off. Now our only financial concern is how to avoid paying AMT.

Throughout it all she never lost faith in me. She even shifted her 25k in savings over to the trading account so we could grow it faster (once my profits were consistent). Call it stupid, or naive, or just unwavering confidence, but I can't imagine any other woman putting up with what I put her through. We're going to start working on child #2 next month, and I'm getting her 1-carat diamond earrings for our 3rd anniversary as a small token of my appreciation.

Oh, and I keep her up to date of our profit/losses on a daily basis.

#91     Jul 20, 2007
  2. jazzsax

jazzsax

Has nothing to do with buying a new jag because the funds we're trading very actively are tax sheltered (rrsp's in canada) so there's no benefit until we decide to pull them out later.

It's more that she's actually interested in knowing how we're doing mainly because we have very different "interests" and that she actually likes hearing me talk about things that I enjoy (ie, trading) though she might not understand some of the concepts. She still hasn't figured out options!

Really though, she'd rather know than not know so she doesn't have to wonder if I'm hiding anything. She's very trusting...

#92     Jul 20, 2007
  3. zdreg

zdreg

what is your conclusion?
    women like losers
    95% of this board are losers

women have come to the right board to find a husband:D

#93     Jul 20, 2007
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

How are the account and relationship going?

#94     Jan 14, 2012
  5. Huge Mistake. Big time.

#95     Jan 14, 2012