Are most Eters Ignorant about the US military capabilities?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Dec 7, 2006.

Are Eters ignorant of how the military really works?

1. yes

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Mahram...the only thing i agree with you is on how the admisnistration has handled this whole WAR. I dont agree with you on our military capabilities...If need be ( without using nukes ) i think we can level most of the middle east. I may be wrong..but i think enough crucial infrastructures can be wiped out on a whim...

Im tired of hearing idle threats by other leaders and being alerted everytime they want to air their opinion thru the media...i say we call their bluff and start playing hardball as well...its only a matter of time...it would be in our best interest to fight them now as opposed to later...if it means blowing up the planet then so be it ( they want us all dead so we just take them with us)..we will not live in fear though. The only thing Bush may be doing correctly is perhaps not taking Bakers advise just yet...talking to iran without conditions is absolutely 100% without a shadow of a doubt the wrong thing to do...

when they have no bridges, clean water, overflowed hospitals and no electricity then and only then perhaps they wouldnt care about nulcear this or that. When the young yuppie Iranians cant play their play station 3 cuz they have no juice then and only then will they start what is long in the waiting... peace

#11     Dec 8, 2006
  2. I actually voted yes to your poll because I agree with your first sentence. The reason people are ignorant about U.S. Military strength and capability is because we have not seen those strengths and capabilities used to their fullest capacity. However, you do make an interesting point, even if by accident. Inflicting mass casualties on these people won't work as it did during WW II. The Germans and Japanese did reach a point where they did not want to lose their entire civilization. They, like most of the rest of the world had advanced to a level where common sense would overide anger. Muslims have not yet reached that stage. There is the dilemma. We must either lay waste to them and their countries completely(not likely), or find some way to appease them. The appeasement will be difficult as they are crazed with their hatred for each other and us to a degree that borders complete insanity.
    It would be nice just to leave them to their own self destruction. If it were only so easy. Problem is, they won't remain self contained in their violence, as has already been demonstrated over the past several decades. I don't see how this ends diplomatically in any way, shape or form. The problem will get bigger before it gets smaller. That is inevitable!

#12     Dec 8, 2006
  3. maxpi

maxpi

I don't think the US wanted to win in Iraq. The military advised 450,000 troops and they sent in 170,000. They left the borders open so bad guys could come in, they withdrew from Fallujah for a month due to "international pressure" at one point and let them arm up, etc. There is more of a political/financial game going on there than a war.

#13     Dec 8, 2006
  4. well the forecasted $1 trillion cost of iraq war is going into someone's pockets.

#14     Dec 8, 2006
  5. elbuano, look at chetchyna like I said. They tried everything,and beyond. Nazi style camps, everything. Chemical, biological weopens. NOthing. And they are still fighting. When people fight for their liberty elbuano, its much more harder then you think. And yes america invaded a soveign nation without any good reason.

#15     Dec 9, 2006
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

mahram...if and when the gloves come off..then and only then will we see what we got under the hood....til then it is all about walking on egg shells...not that i ever want to see this..I hope for peace everyday. I'd like to know that my son has a future that was as good as my present...peace

#16     Dec 11, 2006
  7. LOL elbubano. Only 1percent of a percent of iraqi population is fighting for their freedom righ now. And you know as well as I,when an entire population gets together, to fight for their freedom, even if it cost millions of lives, they are willing to fight to the death. Wouldnt you say the same about america. Thats where americans are getting the wrong idea. Its about liberty. Americans fought for the wrong reasons. its time to admit it. Just like in afghanistan if its about liberty, the lives lost doesnt matter, its about liberty.

#17     Dec 11, 2006
  8. A Religious War?

W..w..wait, you mean to tell me that some people who live across the ocean, thousands of miles away, who don't speak our langauge, who are in a different time zone, really care LESS about what kind of church a little old lady goes to in America?

Are you crazy? ALL Wars are about money and enriching large corporations. HAL was cracking under asbestos claims. "luckily" the 2nd Iraq invasion started and they got all the contracts.

In WW2 GM, Ford all were near BK. Luckily they got all the WW2 contracts.

The US is the biggest arms dealer in the world. We need oil. They have it. Need I say more. War = $$$

But the war has to be sold to the people to make them open up their wallets and buy War Bonds, or similar. So they use terms like religion, liberation, freedom - all to touch our hearts and make us docile. Religion has been used to control and scam people since tmie began. And our governments are using it on us.

Any idea how much this invasion has moved, from your pockets to large government crony corporations? (HAL, Carlyle, etc)?

Are you even allowed to ask this question? Do you have that freedom or will you be attacked for questioning the invasion?
    Swiftboated, dixie chicked for speaking out?

#18     Dec 11, 2006
  9. military industrial establishment............nuff said.

#19     Dec 11, 2006
  10. bg514

bg514

King Aziz (the founder of Saudi Arabia) said it best: "The average Arab understands only two things - the koran and the sword."

And this was in the year 1900.

#20     Dec 15, 2006