Are Kiyosaki's books Worth?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by genp, Jan 26, 2018.

1. genp

genp

I read Rich Dad Poor Dad, which is easy and okay. I knew much of what he wrote already though.

Even though he went bankrupt multiple times, is his stuff still good anyway? Are Kiyosaki's books Worth?

I am asking this question because some of books seems to be written for well-off readers yet easy for a layman.

2. Books teach you nothing.

3. No. Will teach you some common sense though

4. common sense is all around though

5. Daal

Daal

6. same as dave ramsey got rich off selling the idea of getting rich to other people using churches to get customers.

7. maxinger

maxinger

I avoid reading those books so as not to contaminate my mind.

The most is I read is the book cover.

8. Visaria

Visaria

I don't necessarily disagree with John Reed's analysis, but old John is a bit clueless as to investment himself (other than real estate investment i suppose). He once said that shares are very illiquid since there may only be say 10 at the offer and 20 at the bid. I had to correct him to tell him that 10 meant 10x100 shares and 20 meant 20 x 100 shares so not so illiquid. Also he thought most of the oil imported into the US came from Canada. I again had to correct him to say it comes mainly from Saudi Arabia lol. This was perhaps 10 years ago.

9. Hooti

Hooti

John Reed is trying to sell his approach and apparently sees Kiyosaki as a competitor.

Neither is perfect.

10. heispark

heispark

That's a holy crap.... trust me.

#10     Jan 26, 2018