Are IEDS, fairgame against the US?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Oct 17, 2006.

Are IEDs fairgame and not cowardly

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. well during the american revolution, the so called patriots attacked and killed innocent americans who were still loyalists. do you say that the founding fathers are murderers. Or were they attacking the enemy because they were helping the oppresssors. We call those people traitors. And what do we do with traitors in US. During the civil war, and during the american revolution, you killed those who helped them. You have to see it in there light. the insurgents are the patriots, and they are fighting an invading army.

#11     Oct 18, 2006
  2. It is still illogical to blow up children, who are an enemy of no one.

What I'm saying is that when most of the Iraqi citizens are being blown up, there are no US soldiers anywhere around. At least ten times as many innocent civilians are being blown up as there are US soldiers.

The biggest problem seems to be a power struggle between the Sunnis and Shiites with them blowing each other up instead of fighting the US enemy.

It looks like as soon as the Sunnis and Shiites stop killing each other and behave themselves and start thinking about raising children and taking care of their families and start building a free Iraq, free to worship as anyone pleases, the US will leave. I doubt if the US will leave until there is a balance of power among all of the various groups.

It doesn't look like the US would leave right now because the Sunnis and Shiites would continue to fight each other.

I certainly don't want the US in Iraq, but there is not much I can do. Peace for all mahram, peace.

#12     Oct 18, 2006
  3. well Im saying it from the point of view of insurgents, freedom fighters, patriots what ever you call them, they are treating the people who are helping the US as traitors. And like the american government would say the children, could be consider a casualty of war. If the russians invaded the US, and you had a part of your population helping the russians, wouldnt you do the same thing to them.

#13     Oct 19, 2006
  4. Same thing the Nazi's said about the French resistance and the Yugoslav partisans. "Those sneaky, vile people - fighting in they own country against an invader". How dare they! The Iraqi’s will fight till the last men - 100,000 is nothing for them. They will never surrender like the Europeans. You see the Europeans are civilized and they accept the fact that they will be ruled by someone as long as they keep them on a long leash. They have been ruled and conditioned for centuries. People with natural resources like oil will never give that up. It is Vietnam all over again and with the very same ending. Mark my words.

#14     Oct 19, 2006
  5. All I know is that I can't wait until Iraq is a free country where each citizen truly has the freedom to become all that he or SHE wants to be without political or religious oppression, but i'm afraid that there are certain forces that do not want that to happen.

#15     Oct 19, 2006
  6. Some people do not want to be "free". Americans cannot grasp that the world does not revolve around them. Some people are also want to be back in jail as freedom=responsibility
    Iraqis want a decent ruler but never they will accept an US puppet like they have now.
    Further; are you really that "free" in the US where everybody's balls are practically stamped and held firmly in the clutches of Big multinationals and their corrupt puppets the US Congress and the House? I don't think so, most (not all) people in the US are just too stupid and complacent to see this, yet.

#16     Oct 19, 2006
  7. well in the united states you have religious opression. How many people are dying and suffering everyday because the republican party will not allow stem cell research. You have religious oppression. Iraq was a safer and vastly less violent place before america took over the country. Its not conjectour its a fact. You might have had a dictatorship, but so what america deals with dictators all time. IE china.

#17     Oct 19, 2006
  8. Arnie

Arnie

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? Stem cell research is not illegal in this country. Bush vetoed a bill that called for federal funding...that's all. In fact the Bush administration has spent more on stem cell research than Clinton, although it is only for lines in existence.

Stem cell research is not, in fact, either illegal or unfunded: The federal budget in 2003 included $24.8 million for human embryonic stem cell research -- up from zero in 2000. Private funding of stem cell research, which is unlimited, runs into the tens and possibly hundreds of millions of dollars. The current, admittedly hairsplitting policy came about because Congress in 1995 passed a ban on federal (but not private) funding for any form of research that involved the destruction of human embryos, because it is a form of research many American voters dislike and don't want to pay for. After some important (privately funded) breakthroughs, the Clinton administration began looking for legal ways to bypass the ban, but never got around to paying for any actual research.

The Bush administration thought about it, too, and came up with a solution: Federal funding could be used for research on stem cell lines already in existence.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A38130-2004Aug3.html

#18     Oct 19, 2006
  9. All I know is that none of this Iraq-US war will matter eventually. The entire human race is doomed and I mean every single individual. Not one human will be left alive on earth. Some of OUR enemy is here now worldwide. They are here. They are coming! No one can see them. No one can stop them. It does not matter what religion, what country. They do not discriminate. Someday there will be a full scale invasion. Have you noticed anything unusual? Pay attention. All I know is:

IT HAS BEGUN

#19     Oct 19, 2006
  10. umm if you know anything about embryonic stem cell research, and how research is conducted in the US, you would know, if you use any stem cells made outside of the lines that have been made availble you cant use any device or machine that has been bought or connected to government money. Effectivly most academic and biotech companies wont be able to do research. Thats a fact buddy.

#20     Oct 19, 2006