Are IB blackouts really that bad? And that often?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by crgarcia, Dec 31, 2007.

1. So what you're saying is that if other broker's servers go down, all you gotta do is call them up and exit your position??? LOL! What part of "servers down" did you not understand?

IB is no more "potentially dangerous" than anyone else. If the servers go down, you won't be exiting...period....through anyone. This is why you need a backup account, regardless of who your broker is.

OldTrader

#21     Jan 2, 2008
  2. chud

chud

Leave this thread alone OldTimer. As you've proven yourself time and again to be a blind Peterffy nuthugger, your thoughts are not wanted.

#22     Jan 2, 2008
  3. My, my! LOL! Point out a flaw in your logic and you off the deep end eh. Carry on asshole, but rest assured that as you post more bullshit, I'll be here to point it out.

By the way IB, please forward your check. Assholes like this are making me earn my "shill" pay. LOL!

OldTrader

#23     Jan 2, 2008
  4. Just thought I'd point out that this excerpt from kiwi's posts pretty much sums up my thought as well. I've been with IB for approximately 7 years now. Not many problems. But certainly a problem like the outage a few days ago simply reaffirms that nothing is foolproof, and that therefore you need to accept some responsibility yourself. A backup account is a part of that. I also have multiple computers, multiple ISPs and a smart phone to access mobiltrader. None of this is very expensive.

I've had brokerage accounts now since 1966. We used to have problems like the phone going out, etc etc. IB is good in my opinion. But they aren't perfect. So planning for problems is simple prudence. By the way, this is also true for any other broker.

OldTrader

#24     Jan 2, 2008