Are great traders made or born?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by profitplay, Jun 6, 2006.

Are great traders made or born?

1. Great traders are made. They learn to be successful.

87 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Great traders are born with talent.

31 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. I don’t know.

16 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. I got it wrong then. Before i find a mentor find a finding mentor to help me find a mentor. Did i get it right?

#51     Jul 5, 2006
  2. If that still doesn't work out well, perhaps try to find the 1st finding mentor who is able to help you find another suitable finding mentor for finding a good trading mentor. :cool:

Just 2 cents.

#52     Jul 5, 2006
  3. My mentor told me to watch out for circular logic!

Dream big! Think about ways to achieve the dream -- some ways can be really stupid. Some will not.

Build a plan.

Go to work!

#53     Jul 6, 2006
    #54     Jul 6, 2006
  5. The above post illustrates a good example of circular logic! :D

#55     Jul 7, 2006
  6. First they are born, then they are made.

#56     Jul 7, 2006

7. Exactly;
    & some great traders wait a bit before they buy when everyone else is selling;
    let sisters & some speculators first get on the train.[Ladies first]

Like the ad says ,its hard to stop a train, hard to stop ES comtract also. Bottom pickers will be cotton pickers:cool:

#57     Jul 7, 2006

8. I doubt you have anyone only trading for 2 years can be a fulltime trader or at least be consistent .. I agree with the 5 year experience . I have been trading 3 years parttime and profit most months but i still fall off the wagon when i get over confident and loose alot of profit.

#58     Jul 7, 2006
  9. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

Some people have a natural ability to see certain things in life which others find difficult. Natural ability will take you so far, you also have to enjoy your chosen field and have a ferocious appetite for learning more. Expertise covers a wide range of fields where the markets are concerned. For most people on elite trader, making money on a regular basis within thier chosen field is as good as it gets. Being able to snip away the rough edges without destroying an overall decent strategy is down to understanding and intelligence. Great traders are born...then they use thier intelligence and ability to learn to understand more.

#59     Jul 8, 2006
  10. #60     Jul 8, 2006