Are great traders made or born?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by profitplay, Jun 6, 2006.

Are great traders made or born?

1. Great traders are made. They learn to be successful.

87 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. Great traders are born with talent.

31 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. I don’t know.

16 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. !!!!

FLOWER POWER!!!!

DUDE... LET'S GO SMOKE SOME WEED!!!! IT'S SOOOOOO LIKE GROOOVVYYYY....

#21     Jun 7, 2006
  2. a trader is born, saves $2K and promptly watches it vanish, and then returns to work on isle 15 at (fill in the store name) ..........

#22     Jun 7, 2006
  3. looks like more of a rainbow diagram to me. As far as venn goes, if you are made a trader you must also be born. If you want to represent this graphically draw two circles side by side that over lap. one circle represents "born" the other circle represents "made." The area that overlaps is shaded blue. The "born" circle should be shaded red and the "made" circle should be shaded yellow. To be a trader you must be in either the yellow area, blue area, or red area. All traders come from the blue area WHICH IS NOT EITHER YELLOW OR RED, BUT RATHER BLUE. Blue represents both born and made; therefore to say traders are either made or born is wrong no matter which one you choose. The only correct response is both born and made.

#23     Jun 8, 2006
  4. LOL, thanks for that! :D

#24     Jun 8, 2006
  5. Only correct response??? LOL...

So what's the correct reponsive way of trading for the past 20 years...

Seriously... I would like to know...

#25     Jun 8, 2006
  6. qxr1011

qxr1011

Sure there must be a talent, if you talking about great traders, or anything great for that matter: be it a great sportsman, or a great musician, or a great scientist.

But talent is not enough, you have to create a method, you have to become a professional, and it takes not only talent but character, time, money and luck…

So IMHO to become a great trader you definitely must be born with the talent but develop yourself further upon it.

#26     Jun 9, 2006
  7. Actually I think a lot of things can be made.

You may have some potentials when you are born, but you still need to develop and expand your potentials.

Even if you don't have potentials, it just mean you just lag behind, you can always make up for what you are missing, unless you are not able-bodied (eg the mentally retarded can't trade well).

No one is born to be a great trader. Every human need to learn through its hard way. :)

#27     Jul 3, 2006
  8. Nice analysis. :)

#28     Jul 3, 2006
  9. nbates

nbates

Whenever the description of a person is prefixed with Great, it would be most logical to be speaking of a person who started with some amount of 'born talent' and then improved on that by practice and training with a manner of dedication.

I don't think anyone enters the league of Great's without natural talent as a basis, then builds upon it.

jmho

#29     Jul 3, 2006
  10. yeah, like in any field u need some kinda talent to start with, otherwise statistics wouldn't be so heavily skewed towards failures. of course, also consistency, perseverance and dedication are essential to build a solid foundation to project your career, innit.

#30     Jul 3, 2006