Are girls better traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by joannasmith, Mar 18, 2012.

1. olymbios

olymbios

#31     Mar 19, 2012
  2. spd

spd

You start a dumb thread and get offended by dumb responses?

#32     Mar 19, 2012
  3. bc1

bc1

Just what I noticed. She started a sexist thread with a sexist question and her first post is a sexist answer. She was just trying to start a war of the sexes by baiting everyone with her question. She also ignored Baron's beginning thread as there is no basis for crap like her question and answer to be on the trading forum. Mods should move this over to chit-chat or delete it. I say delete it. Don't want to open the door to her next question dealing with religion, race, creed, color, etc.

#33     Mar 19, 2012
  4. It's the Harvard professor argument that Women are on average smarter, while the smartest in science are practically always men.

The genuine question I posit is whether there are any known great women investors, and there's not. I don't know of one.

(Sorry, girls, there are no George Soros, Warren Buffet female counterparts).

This supports mathematical modelling and the strategems that are usually always devised by male quants, traded by male traders, and rarely do those traders find female quants wrote the codes they use.

#34     Mar 19, 2012
  5. Gueco

Gueco

I trade in a real trading room in one of the biggest corporations in the world. I have seen many women come and go, in general they don't last.

They don't like the stress, they lack the analytical skills and the willingness to make tough decisions and think independently. The only thing they excel at is at following rules, other people's rules.

They usually end up leaving for middle or back office.

#35     Mar 19, 2012
  6. If men were like women , less of them would lose.Look at those big swingers blowing their accounts by taking 10 lot risks on $20k accounts.Men tend to take more risk for more reward , and sometimes crazy risks , just to show who is daddy.

#36     Mar 19, 2012
  7. I wonder how good eunuchs and tranvestites are as traders?

Somewhere in between men and women I presume?

#37     Mar 19, 2012
  8. Gueco

Gueco

This reminds me of research studies saying that women drive better than man when in fact everyone knows it is not the case.

Women can't even park their car properly !

It just a fashionable thing now to bash man and praise women. You can see it in Hollywood too.

#38     Mar 19, 2012
  9. The trend in hollywood is towads Gigolo movies , traders with blown accounts and Gecko movies.Or movies about the Wall street men blowing the entire financial system with something called trading

#39     Mar 19, 2012
  10. Gueco

Gueco

In Hollywood movies now when a woman betrays a men its his fault for not pleasing her enough and making her happy. When it is a men, he is just a pig with no self-control.

Women are always intelligent and responsible, man are childish and immature.

It's just a silly cultural trend that is also now also being reflected in stupid research papers.

#40     Mar 19, 2012