Are girls better traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by joannasmith, Mar 18, 2012.

1. sheda

sheda

You have some irrational bias here, I have come across smart women I have come across not so smart women, I have came across really good female traders and others who fall to shit.

Without the test groups resouces and time, a lot of time, we cant tell and even with all of the above, theres only a certain point of certainty that can be reached.

#11     Mar 18, 2012
  2. female like to buy and hold, their hobbies are collections. look at their closets, tons of variety style clothes, shoes..... shopping is their hobbies

male like to get in and get out frequently, they love the short-term excitement.., they like to conquer, I do not see any males' closets are full of clothe collections. we males hate shopping.

my wife just keeps buying stocks in her ira/401k, even some drawdown, but she just keeps holding, and continue buying,... just like shopping, her IRA/401k return is better than my IRA ( I day trade it occasionally, other time sit on cash), very embrassed.

I would say females are more suitable for investment, particularly long-term. since their hobbies are shop around, compare, buy and hold. they can find fun/happiness in buying and holding, we males can not.

so in a household, better let wife handle 401k/IRA. just let a tiny unneccessity money to hushand for playing the trading game, ...

#12     Mar 18, 2012
  3. This is sexist. I take offense.

#13     Mar 18, 2012
  4. This post is highly sexist and stereotypical.

#14     Mar 18, 2012
  5. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I don't think gender is an issue. Proper training. Proper mind set. Have the ability to make decisions with little information very quickly, and be OK with being wrong. Treat trading as a business. Traditionally, women have not been drawn to trading in the same numbers as men, or there have been a lack of opportunity. I'm not sure.

I think my daughter, now 24 years old, would have made a better trader than me, but she took another path. She likes to sleep at night!

Bob

#15     Mar 18, 2012
  6. Yes, there's ample research on the subject. See "Boys Will Be Boys" by Barber & Odean for a most famous example.

#16     Mar 18, 2012
  7. xioxxio

xioxxio

Male are far better traders, I have worked with both. The great female trades that I have worked with have been lesbian (dominant partner)

I am not saying every male is better than females, what I am saying is if you take the best males vs. the best females the males will win hands down.

Speak to any head of trading at any major IB and they will confirms this.

#17     Mar 18, 2012
  8. are "girls" better traders?

probably no better than "boys"

#18     Mar 18, 2012
  9. A pair? Only takes ONE!

#19     Mar 18, 2012
  10. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I can't respond to your PM, your blocking responses.

#20     Mar 18, 2012