Are Funded Top step traders legit??(TST funded trader test)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Aug 25, 2017.

1. question for the TST funded traders I had this same question for OneUp funded traders. Have you confirmed that your funded account is actually a live market account? If you don't know what I mean basically are you placing live orders in the market your trading when you place (1) limit order at a price does the liquidity go up by that amount? For TST this question is even more critical because the requirements to get funded are much more stringent than Oneup and One up at least for now have proved they will payout.

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, as long as you are profitable and the fills look quite real, does it matter? But you have an interesting point/idea, what if they are faking the fills and you are paying for com. for nothing? That would be actually a pretty evil, but genius (although probably illegal) plan on their behalf, making money on non-existing commissions.

But if you think about it more, if this was true, and they don't have real losses when the trader loses, they would want MORE traders to go "live", not less. So they would make the funding process easier. After all they still have to pay out non-existing wins as profits, so the commissions have to cover the occasional profitable traders.

But an interesting idea, nevertheless...

3. Handle123

Handle123

I would think a good trader in one day could wipe out much of the fees they collect for a month? Then what, you send their trades into exchanges? How bout make it incredibly difficult for all the newbies and they just keep paying each month till they pass knowing fully well the trader passed on a fluke for two weeks more likely?

4. s0mmi

s0mmi

There was a scam which was run a few years ago, posted by a guy who worked for Kunal Desai (a fraud c*nt YouTube scammer);

A company took in heaps of small deposits (something like $3,000) but everyone traded on a Sim account and was told it was live.

99% of people failed (as expected). They accumulated up to like $400,000 but then the SEC sent them a letter about 1.5 to 2 years in and they shut down. Obviously, the owners run away with the money and just close the website immediately. Everything shuts down and they move onto the next scam.

There are a lot of scams which appear every all the time. Even when I was trying to find a wh0re on tindr, they are sending me ForexCT targeted advertisements.

You have to be VERY careful.

Note: It costs too much money for the SEC to prosecute people and these usually only happen if they are scamming rich people ($100,000+ from each client). If you are a small-time piker, there's a 99% chance you will be scammed for your peanuts of $3,000-$5,000 (because the strategy targets volume of sign-ups).

They can NEVER catch these people. There are always enough pikers, d1ck riders and greedy gamblers with enough ego... they will always be funding these scams.. it is endless. You can't stop them so you have to wisen up.

The industry is always going to be filled with scammers and snakes. If you ever come across one of these fake YouTube celebs or scammers in real life, please bend them over and give it to them rawdog from behind.

How to protect yourself;

* Always ask them for proof of trading records. The scammers do not have legit proof of their trades, or their accounts, or even their track record.

* Always ask to speak to someone who is profitable. You need to ask them about the products they trade. If they can't let you speak to someone, keep your money.

* It's a 99% failure rate for a reason. You are not going to come in and solve it because you're a genius. Chances are that you're just a cuck like the rest of us.

* You need proper information and charts. You need to feed off a resourceful environment. The best place to start is a prop firm and you have to be there full-time. If you do not do this, you can waste 3-5 years getting to the same place that a 2-month trainee gets to.

* The most consistent and stable traders who have lasted the test of time.. are spreaders. There is something about the streaky-nature of outright trading which can really bog you down after 3 to 5 years... you never imagined yourself 3-5 years into a skillset and feeling like you're on Training Day 1.

Higher win rates = more stamina to continue the game

userque and smileypete like this.
  5. Do you not think they would have been busted for this years ago? Nice try at a cloaked advert for one up.

6. You clearly haven't read my post about One up both of these companies are in the business of attracting get rich quick traders with no effort hence why none require you to get a license to trade for their "rich" clients. I understand your logic I haven't tried TST I have tried one up had a bad experience got blocked for asking questions and posting my issues on the internal board according to one up I was being to negative basically trying to figure out if they a. We're paying people b. Funded traders were actually trading a live account c. Freezing data on the NT8 platform charts and dim not ever sync'd(although probably a NT platform issue) d. The fact there is no live customer service for essentially a broker will cost you money as it did me when I mistakenly thought I was trading on live eval account found out I place my entry on sim and exit on live about 10 minutes later finally figured it out myself then 7 minutes later they responded to my support email by that time I was to negative to care and let it ride to a blown combine.

7. I am skeptical of all trading educators and assume they are fake unless I see them trading on a DOM and have access to their broker statements or tax returns. Note most of them post CFTC 4.41 hypothetical results on their websites and videos.

8. OPG

OPG

I am funded and they are legit. If you seem to be doing something stupid they will call you to relax because well, it's a loss for both you and them. The commissions also seem to depend on the broker you choose. I don't think topsteptrader gets paid for the commissions you generate (could be wrong but it was my impression) because they called me to relax when I was making too many round turns that ultimately made me only slightly profitable after commissions rather than how much I could have made if I didn't have to worry about commissions.