Are freestockcharts.com Compatible with Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Sam Morgan, Dec 13, 2011.

1. I don't know about Chrome, but see if there is an option for increasing cache size.same with silverlight. Win8 no longer has PageFile usage adjustments?

Good luck.

#21     Dec 15, 2011
  2. Nicely put Mr You. However, the plugins that crash are what I need most, i.e. FSC. I can deal with the crashing and reopening the site, but sometimes it doesn't stop at that. It causes the whole system to come to a standstill, where I can't do anything, but restart manually. I don't know how healthy that is for the system.

#22     Dec 15, 2011
  3. Go into task manager and kill plugin container.exe

#23     Dec 15, 2011
  4. Mr_You

Mr_You

Sam, I apologize for not reading the entire thread first. :eek:

Some where there is a memory leak (duh I know)... I would make sure you're running the latest of everything: Chrome, SilverLight, and any other extra plugins not included with Chrome.

For Chrome just go to: Wrench->About Google Chrome ... the latest is v16.

But this sounds like a SilverLight issue. I believe v5 just came out this week.

Also you can go to: Wrench->Tools->Task Manager to see which site/plugin is causing the memory leak.

#24     Dec 15, 2011
  5. TTC-SN

TTC-SN

Mr You,

I wasn't even aware that I was on the older versions for both. I just updated G Chrome, from v13 to v16 and Silverlight from v4 to v5. I hope this will correct the issue.

I will re-post with an update.

SM

#25     Jan 27, 2012
  6. TTC-SN

TTC-SN

Will keep u updated with how the latest upgrade works.

G Chrome: v13 -> v16

Silverlight: v4 -> v5

#26     Jan 27, 2012